MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Overly excited!!
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seems like every year I end up doing a little more on Ellie, my MINI Cooper S.

The first summer it was a +3% crank pulley and uprated brakes as the main things.

The second summer a manifold, uprated brakes (again) and an intercooler.

This summer is a little more drastic. Here are a couple of pictures from the first day of work.

She looks a sad state with no engine or wheels :(

I'm going over to ThinkMINI tomorrow and/or Saturday to take a few more pics and to do some work on the Ellie.

So whats happening this year? New clutch, flywheel, uprated brakes (yes, again) and some aero sideskirts is a good start. I'll reveal the rest as it happens.

·
dyno-mite, might not....
1,037 Posts
so will a drogue chute slow you down any quicker? ;)
and i guess an assult on the rolling road league table is planned,
or this is an expensive way to clean the engine bay :D

keep us posted :)

·
Overly excited!!
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is that the tool what Ade uses to adjust his fuel pressure :biggrin:
That might be Ades clutch allignment tool!

Alski, I would love to tel lyou how I'm uprating my brakes yet again, but then I would have to kill you ;)

Not too fussed about that rolling road table. I might start a table of my own for people to go on for lap times at different tracks. I'm not actually doing much to improve power, but you never know.

·
Overly excited!!
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you blown the engine then???
Haha, nope! How could I blow an engine when I drive like I'm driving Miss Daisy. Its just easier to take it out to do the work I want doing, as things are being done on all sides of the engine.

Nothing has been broken, but my clutch was on its way out, and thats been confirmed now its in the bin.

·
dyno-mite, might not....
1,037 Posts
can we have a prize if we guess right, i am doing well on this game
so i will suggest ducks, sorry ducts, [ lots of water arround oxford again]
feel free not to tell, as i have no wish to die presently

·
PowerSteeringPumpActivist
8,410 Posts
can we have a prize if we guess right, i am doing well on this game
Does this mean I can get a re-match? :confused: :p :D

I guess it was all about uprating the clutch / flywheel and taking the engine out completely is all a clever ruse... ;)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Seems like every year I end up doing a little more on Ellie, my MINI Cooper S.

The first summer it was a +3% crank pulley and uprated brakes as the main things.

The second summer a manifold, uprated brakes (again) and an intercooler.

This summer is a little more drastic. Here are a couple of pictures from the first day of work.

She looks a sad state with no engine or wheels :(

I'm going over to ThinkMINI tomorrow and/or Saturday to take a few more pics and to do some work on the Ellie.

So whats happening this year? New clutch, flywheel, uprated brakes (yes, again) and some aero sideskirts is a good start. I'll reveal the rest as it happens.
you can give the car a nice gentle shake down on donny park:p.

·
MiniTorque*****
1,072 Posts
Sorry, I hate to steal Bhozar's thunder but I can confirm he is strenghening the front of the car ready for winter to allow it to be fitted with a snow plow:

Mr Plow, Mr Plow, that name again is Mr Plow!

·
230whp an counting
3,056 Posts
Sorry, I hate to steal Bhozar's thunder but I can confirm he is strenghening the front of the car ready for winter to allow it to be fitted with a snow plow:

Mr Plow, Mr Plow, that name again is Mr Plow!
But he looks more like barney than homer

·
dyno-mite, might not....
1,037 Posts
r56 powerplant, better tax, tight git

[mini one, note read between the lines, " I'm not actually doing much to improve power,"

·
MiniTorque*****
1,072 Posts
I've just had picture confirmation from a spy in Worcs and I was so wrong with the Mr Plow theme as it seems he's removing the engine and cuttng a big hole in the floor pan so he can go Fred Flintsone on our ass!

1 - 20 of 189 Posts