MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Not sure if this has been mentioned before - but wondered if anyone had experienced any problems similar to this!?

On Monday I was driving along totally normally, pulled up to a junction and when i tried to pull away the car seemed to want to stall. About 100yds furthur up the road the engine warning light (2nd from bottom) started flashing.

I limped a furthur 100yds into the work carpark with the engine making a strange noise, not able to go any faster than 10mph.

I called out mini emergency service. When the guy arrived he plugged his computer in and read off a variety of strange error codes. Out of curiosity he then removed the plastic engine cover. On the top of the engine was a couple of sheared bolts and lots of bits of broken engine.

The car got recovered to the dealer - who have order some parts (including a new cylinder head) and reckon on it being fixed in about a week.

This all seemed pretty strange as i am a careful driver and was simply pulling away when all this went wrong.

Anyone else heard of problems like this?!

In the end it doesnt really matter as i get my MCS on Saturday!!! :D

:blblack: > :indi:

·
Joy!
1,333 Posts
not heard of this happening before, couldve been alot worse....cross my fingers it doesnt happen to me. Ah well, aslong as it gets sorted before u get ur new car u can rest easier.

)

·
Sergeant Pepper
347 Posts
eeek, sounds like you're lucky it happened when you wernt going at speed or anything.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I've read some things but nothing like this before! Luckily, it's nothing you've done and MINI have already taken full responsibility. It shouldn't be too long before it's back to its old self! :p

I'm sure they'll tell you what the cause was when the MINI is ready to collect.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Glad that happened at a junction near work! The bit about "broken bits of engine" is definitely ominous! Still, new Electric Blue MCS on Saturday? One zipped passed me yesterday afternoon... love at first sight! :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
sounds pretty bad, dont worry about it only goin 10mph after the noises n judders, ur engines just switched to safety mode limitin it to 10mph.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts