MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
i have a 2007 1.4 litre mini One 70k miles. I have a regular knocking which i believe to be a big end. Its not severe, but just noticeable.
I would like to replace the big end shells, and am wondering if this is possible with the engine in situ, by removing the sump.

· Registered
13,594 Posts
Hi,
i have a 2007 1.4 litre mini One 70k miles. I have a regular knocking which i believe to be a big end. Its not severe, but just noticeable.
I would like to replace the big end shells, and am wondering if this is possible with the engine in situ, by removing the sump.
yep can change the big end bearing engine sump off. before thinking big end bearing would do a oil pressure test 3 bar at 3000 revs over 1 bar at idle,
also would checking the water pump pulley it has got rubber damper on it and it can peal of or crack and cause a knocking noise,, also does the knock change when clutch is used if so might be flywheel or input shaft on gear box, also the bottom pulley rubber damper can also cause it.. and the timing chain can as well with 70k on it most likely needs doing

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.