MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
my second passion, a tin!
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went down this morning to the smash repairs, all good.

Eric came down and got the glove box/shelf change over, all good.

the repairers said there were a few additional touchups required and buff/polish so how about picking it up in the morning, OK

Just got a call from the shop. Some bloke has just walked in, jumped in my car and sped off, thats right, STOLEN.

Im in a bit of a state of shock at the moment, no idea what this means?

So kids keep your eyes out for a BRG cooper S with logo's, stripes, and lots of mods!!!

Anyone see any sh:bad: t head driving it call me on 0400 600662 or the police

I am just gutted

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
Holy crap! WTF!!!! :eek: :mad:

How the hell does it get stolen!! Did they leave the keys in it, and it unlocked???

Man, tragic.

Hope you get it back safe and sound very soon!!!!!!! Keep us posted.

·
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was at Obrien's Auto Body Repairs in Caringbah.

They usually dont have the keys in cars but they had just moved it from the spray area to detailing which is next door.

They are very established 2 generation family business and the recommended BMW repairer for Sylvania BMW. As with me they are completely blown away! Apparently the guy took off up the driveway straight into oncoming traffic only just missed being hit, pity he didnt, cars are easier repaired than replaced.

There was a lot of cars worth a lot more than mine in the shop, so it seems pretty targetted.

·
Blue is the colour!
13,507 Posts
Ironically this was posted in the car spotting thread, hope it leads to something?

GOGADGET said:
I spotted Stu Jones BRG Cooper S being driven up King Georges Rd lunch time today ( I didn't wave as I was a passanger in an M3 convertable) I did notice that it wasn't Stu or Carrie driving :eek: .

(how did I know it was Stu's MINI ? it still has his name on the window :p)

·
Brass Cannons
3,488 Posts
Yeah I posted that thread, before seeing this thread, I've spoken with Stu and he'll pass that info onto the Police. If I had know at the time it had been stole we would have followed it, I was with my Boss in an M3 convertable so I think we would have had a chance.
Hope the car is recovered real soon.

·
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just talking with the police officer at Miranda station, apparently police just gave chase around the St George area but the scum out ran them. Thats the problem with a quick car......

Police opinion is that they will probably find it dumped or burnt out in the next 24 hours. Dont know if thats a good or bad thing..........

·
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think Im more upset about some tool driving my car around like a nut with my name on the side of it:rolleyes:

There's got to be some humour in there somewhere............

1 - 20 of 139 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.