MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
MINI2 Regular
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking around for a while to see if i can find a post about the biggest size of wheel you can sensibly fit to a Cooper.

Anyone got any idea? I've been thinking about some nice big 19 inch alloys with some low profile tyres, but i'm not sure whether or not they'll fit on a cooper.

Any help much appreciated.

:)

·
230whp an counting
3,056 Posts
19"s arent hard to fit, KJgreenmini has 19" arospeeds on his. They will fit even with a slight drop from what ive been told u just need to take the rear spats off the rear arches

·
" Yes they are nineteens"
143 Posts
ive got 19 's ! when i lowered the car i had to do heaps of guard work to make sure they didnt rub ! sumtimes depends how hard im going around a corner i can still hear a slight rubbing noise but its worth the look !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Minimatty04 said:
I've been looking around for a while to see if i can find a post about the biggest size of wheel you can sensibly fit to a Cooper.
Why? It's an honest question.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Fat Mini, those 19's do look amazing.

What I was most gobsmacked at though was the tiny clearance between the bumper and the tarmac. :eek:

Does that bumper scrape the ground? :confused:

Like.......all the time!! :(

Like........... everywhere! :D

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I got back some answers back on weights: An example Falken FK-451 235/35R19 is 24.3lbs and the Arospeed RSGT 19" wheels are 24lbs, putting over 48lbs at each corner with a polar moment strongly skewed to the large and more extreme circumference. This package should noticeably slow the car's acceleration relative to a lighter wheel/tire combination. That's OK if that's an acceptable trade-off for the cool look.

And that is why the earlier honest question. I'd like to understand.

·
Official Pimp of Mini2
4,001 Posts
FAT MINI said:
ive got 19 's ! when i lowered the car i had to do heaps of guard work to make sure they didnt rub ! sumtimes depends how hard im going around a corner i can still hear a slight rubbing noise but its worth the look !!!
Nice rims mate they look brilliant!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts