MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon,

I've recently purchased a 2018 R60 Cooper D Mini Countryman which doesn't come with "bike preparation" The cost of this is something out of the league for what i need it for (10 day trip to france taking 2 bikes)

Has anyone any tips on a rear bike carrier (non Tow Bar) for the Mini Countryman R60 Cooper D. I spotted one on the motorway with one but didnt catch the model. I need one ASAP.

Regards

Jason Stokes.

· Registered
13,593 Posts
roof bars and bike rack is by far the best way and dont block the rear lights and number plates and in the EU they tend to pick on stuff like that easy money with road side fines, or if have a roof box add the bikes to either side of it
below link for idea
roof bars

· Registered
13,593 Posts

· Registered
631 Posts
roof bars and bike rack is by far the best way and dont block the rear lights and number plates and in the EU they tend to pick on stuff like that easy money with road side fines, or if have a roof box add the bikes to either side of it
below link for idea
roof bars
I have to agree with Mike, when I had a car with a proper roof I used to carry the bikes on the roof, no wobble when you are driving and you still have access to the boot and you don’t have to faff around with trailer boards and lighting.

· Registered
13,593 Posts
I have to agree with Mike, when I had a car with a proper roof I used to carry the bikes on the roof, no wobble when you are driving and you still have access to the boot and you don’t have to faff around with trailer boards and lighting.
i can tell you have also done the fight the bike rack and miles of that horrid thoughts of what if they fall off etc especially if on the motorway where you cant stop but you would have to until the police turn up to nick you for unsafe load or if caused a accident with following cars go to court and get the book thrown at you. we ended up on a mini clubman using roof bars and put a roof box on those and then ratchet straps two bikes around the roof box and roof bars worked a treat, but did get a few comments like bloody hell mate you need a bigger car lol

Reactions: ro_explorer

· Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 Cooper S I bought used and I had a similar dilemma. The best option I found was a company called, SeaSucker, you can find them with a google search. Easy to install and doesn't mar the paint or glass and you can transfer it from vehicle to vehicle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.