MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with a Clubby managed to fit a full size mountain bike in the back of their wagon? With/without removing front wheel off bike? Reason I'm asking is I carry my mountain bike on a set of roof bars on my R53 but the roof rack system for the Clubman currently has issues - not keen to put an order in until this is resolved unless the boot (with seats folded) of the Clubby can take it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Well on a trip to Walmart with my father in law, he decided to buy a bike for my sister in law on the spur of the moment. While the bike (a mountain bike) DID fit in the back, I had to put the front seats ALL the way forward and that made driving the stick a bit interesting. If it wasn't a cheapy bike, and had the quick disconnect wheels/quick adjustable seat and handlebar, then it would have fit in no problem.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dr. J - so just to confirm you didn't take the bike apart at all yet managed to fit it in?

·
Astro Black Clooper
45 Posts
I have a CUBE AMS 125 mountain bike, bit of a beast and its only a small sized frame... anyway to get mine in the back I have to take both the front and back wheel off. That way the handlebars are almost up against the back door and the rear mech is about 2-3" off the back of the front seats. If i get a chance this weekend I'll grab a picture to show you what the fit is like.

Plus I also have to take the false floor out as well.

·
Clubman D
1,365 Posts
I put my mountain bike (19.5" frame) in the back of my Clubby all the time, leaving the false boot floor in situ.

I take both wheels off, no problem being quick release, and of course I always make sure the boot is sheeted to save getting mud all over the nice carpet ;) Taking both wheels off, I can almost leave the passenger seat fully pushed back, and my drivers seat is always push fully back, if that makes sense! There is also plenty of room for kit and food with the bike in the back.

Just a bit off topic. I managed to fit a boxed 13' trampoline in my Clubby with the seats folded, and the passenger seat pushed fully forward!

Not quite an estate, but more capable than the hatch! :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got my Freeride Transition Bottlerocket MTB in. Took front and rear wheels off. Looked just like kalexan's only had the false floor in and just turned the handle bars so to lay flat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts