MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
How does it attach and does it require removing the old mesh. Seems you might get some flow losses with both installed.
Personally I'd like it more if it was recessed back to where the OEM mesh is.
Nice idea though.

BTW. Hope that's not an oil leak under your MINI.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
scooby212 said:
looks shwwweeet matey
ive been contemplating this too
why dont you mesh your scoop?
would look trick with that lower mesh
pics in my gal i think
:D
I think Meshing the hood scoop is a great idea, The billet grill only cost $69 plus $8 shipping off ebay.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The word "billet" means a block or piece of raw metal. "Billet" parts are supposed to be cut from raw metal and machined to fit and finish. What is this thing made out of and how is it made that they are calling it a "billet" grille? I assume that this is a piece of stamped mesh that has been cut to fit the opening. If you look at most car grilles that are identified as "billet" they will be parallel bars of machined metal.

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
JoeDentist said:
The word "billet" means a block or piece of raw metal. "Billet" parts are supposed to be cut from raw metal and machined to fit and finish. What is this thing made out of and how is it made that they are calling it a "billet" grille? I assume that this is a piece of stamped mesh that has been cut to fit the opening. If you look at most car grilles that are identified as "billet" they will be parallel bars of machined metal.
Ahem! They ARE parallel bars.

But I agree, I doubt it's really billet. You never know though unless he coughs up the source.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The aluminum billet grille's are fabricated from a T-6 (hard) aluminum extrusion with a brushed aluminum finish (with baked on black finish between the grille bar's). Does this answer your question? I have had a couple of billet grills on different vehicls and it was usually stulll grills and this one is close to being as nice as stull but at half or third the cost and it is really sturdy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.