MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my MC for a month now and have had no problems whatsoever. In fact it's been a dream. But I answered my front door this morning and looked out into the street and my first thoughts were that it had been broken into. Ob closer inspection I realised that both windows were wide open!! Nothing was nicked thankfully.

Has anyone else experienced this? Seems very bizarre seeing there would have been no power to the windows! :confused:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hi
I had this problem a couple of times,it is when the keys are in your pocket and you accidentally press the comfort opening button,this opens both windows,what i do now is put the keys on the table that has cured it.

Regards
Mark.

·
Mini in Maine
556 Posts
Like the other post...

afroken said:
I've had my MC for a month now and have had no problems whatsoever. In fact it's been a dream. But I answered my front door this morning and looked out into the street and my first thoughts were that it had been broken into. Ob closer inspection I realised that both windows were wide open!! Nothing was nicked thankfully.

Has anyone else experienced this? Seems very bizarre seeing there would have been no power to the windows! :confused:
I've heard it happened to someone who left the keys in their pocket while either sitting or groping for something else inadvertently pushed that particular button unbeknownst to them. It wasn't discovered till the next morn. In the case I heard it snowed while the person was asleep and they awoke to a bit of white stuff in their cabin. :eek:

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
afroken said:

This used to be a problem a while back when the Mini's first came put. Could be a problem with your ECU, I'd give Mini UK a call.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your feedback. I wasn't aware of any botton on my key that opens the windows. As far as I know my key has three buttons: lock, unlock and unlock boot only. Am I missing something here?

If not I guess it is a technical problem and will give them a call monday.

Cheers.

·
Registered
101 Posts
On your main key you should have two buttons, one to lock and one to unlock, if you hold the lock button down for a few seconds then both windows will wind down, i think you can get the dealer to re-program the functions to stop it doing this

·
Registered
21,966 Posts
It's called Comfort Opening & works when you hold down the unlock button for quite a few seconds, then the windows (& sunroof if you have one) open ;) . You can get it disabled at your dealer though

·
Registered
333 Posts
I had this a few days after getting my Cooper (Sept). Parked car in driveway at my Dads, went in for coffee etc. Came out an hour or so later and both windows were open. It worried my a bit mut we decided to leave it and see if it did it again and to be more careful with the key and to check it is all locked up ok when walking away from it. Touch wood it hasn't done it again. Boyfriend must have done it by mistake - he put keys in pocket!

·
Mini Crazy
62 Posts
yeah similar problems but somethin i wasnt told about, i just noticed it, if i repeatedly pressed unlock the windows went down =/ some sort of feature.

·
Registered
43 Posts
From the owner's manual:

Press and hold the lock button (on the remote) for a longer period. In the MINI, the windows and the glass sunroof are opened.

Convenience closing is not possible by means of the remote control.

You can have remote opening deactivated/activated.

·
The Lurker
318 Posts
Yes, it's quite shocking when you see it. I got out of the car, locked it and put the key in my purse. As I walked into the store I looked back at my MINI, I guess because I just love him... but I saw the windows all rolling down... I freaked out. The key was in my purse and the button was being held down without my knowing.

Now I mind the key much closer.

·
The Lurker
318 Posts
I forgot to mention that you can also put the key in the door and turn it and put the windows down.

It's all so cleverly designed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts