MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
220 of your finest horses
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys - being very lazy. I'm after a set of light weight black or Hyper black or matt blacjk or what ever is passing as black LIGHT weight rims for track amd summer use on my MCS.

Any ideas?

S:yeblack:

·
almost 59k
5,117 Posts
team dynamics wheels are very hard to come by. most of the models have been discontinued. i was going to get pro race 1's, or pro race 3's, but no luck... pro race 2's and pro race comp look like possibles, but im having problems tracking them down... :(

·
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These things can't be as rare as

rocking horse poo :confused: :eek:

Here's some I found whilst trawling around the net.

These are all BK Racing wheels (www.topgear.co.uk

If you find any more BLACK rims, 16-17 inch, please post them here.

Cheers

(at the moment am thinking about kei racing force 10's if I can find them)

Attachments

·
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice one

scooperman_uk said:
top gear are nearby me, branch in basingstoke! i will nip down and do a rece, find whats available:D
From the web site the prices seem pretty reasonable.

·
Registered
708 Posts
You could of course get a second hand set of any design of wheel and get them refurbished powder coated in black (See foto). Thats an opton i was considering at one time!

Attachments

·
230whp an counting
3,056 Posts
Rayman said:
You could of course get a second hand set of any design of wheel and get them refurbished powder coated in black (See foto). Thats an opton i was considering at one time!
That looks like jords old s :)

·
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thought about it

Rayman said:
Yeh its mint, got the pics off ebay wen it was on auction!
But "just" powder coating the S spoke wheels still means that I'll have a set of very heavy rims :(

I'm looking for light weight summer/track day wheels that will allow my S to handle like it was designed to :cool:

What I may do is get a set of rims and then have them powder coated - anyone got an idea of the likely cost?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi.. have a similar thing myself. had decided which Black 17's to get when Team Dynamics decided to discontinue most of its matt black range - but they still do have the Pro Race 1 and found them for £595 with Kumho's or about £40 extra for upgarde to Yokohamas.. not sure about other upgarde but they did more or less most brands.

www.potn.com

·
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cool

MiniMonkey said:
Hi.. have a similar thing myself. had decided which Black 17's to get when Team Dynamics decided to discontinue most of its matt black range - but they still do have the Pro Race 1 and found them for £595 with Kumho's or about £40 extra for upgarde to Yokohamas.. not sure about other upgarde but they did more or less most brands.

www.potn.com
Thanks for this - these guys seem to be quoting about £100 cheaper than performwheels.co.uk on the Kei Racing Force 8 in hyper black.
Now I just need to find out how much they weigh.

Cheers

·
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Very nice

This is why I like black rims - makes it hard to see the wheel itself - makes the car look as though it is floating :cool:

You don't happen to have a close up of the wheel do you?

Cheers

Oh and you may want to photoshop out your number plate ;)

1 - 20 of 75 Posts