MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was throwing a few ideas around in my head about how I could personalise my mini to make it a little differant. Now some of my favorite cars are the BMW M Cars, and I just love those Black Chrome Wheels.

Anyway I'm getting a black Cooper and was wondering what the 17" wheels would look like in Black Chrome. Now I do have Photoshop, but I'm not paticualrly good at using it, so could anyone do a "Photoshop" of a black mini with White or Black Roof, and those 17" S Spokes in Black Chrome!

I think it may look top, but at £50+ a wheel it could be an expensive mistake.

Another idea was Black wheels but that would have to be for an all black car as I don't think the Black wheels would go with the White Decals.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
Post a pic of the M3 wheels and I'll see if I can match a shot of the 17" wheels to them. (it probably won't be a black/white Cooper unless anyone can point me in the direction of one on 17s??)

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's one!

http://www.bmwworld.com/pics/3er/e46/m3/e46m3-page6.jpg

As for the Black Cooper on 17's only one I know is in the back of the brochure. There is ayellow side profile in the Cooper Directory, you could turn it black? Anyway I'm just playing about with ideas.

Oh and just for good measure look what I found on my search ;) look in the background :)

http://www.bm3w.co.uk/bbs/Forum1/HTML/000798.html

Oh and as this car is just the dogs I thought I'd post this aswell, I just lurrrrrrvvvvveeeee that colour!!!

http://www.bm3w.co.uk/gallery/bolney/extside11.jpg

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That looks ace!!! Me thinks I'll me makeing some enquires!

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheapest so far £400 :( But they didn't say if that was normal Chrome or Black Chrome :(

Hmmm Was wondering if I'd need to Dark Chrome all the bits on the car, but the M3 and M5 don't do that so then again. Hmmmmmm will be thinkin on this one!

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Get them chromed anyway! They would look cool!

Like the old John Cooper Mini Limo!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
looks great CMT, those Satin Chrome rims will look stunning on a Dark Silver Cooper S!

Damian, I too would love to own an M3, it's just an awesome car.

the chrome shadow paint on the M3 show cars is just beautiful. To an extent the dark silver kind of resembles that color :rolleyes: It's one of the reasons why I am opting for it for my S! :)

http://www.bmwnation.com/IMAGES/ARTICLES/frankfurt2001/100_0094_IMG_m3csl_l.jpg

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I love that colour, but alas the people at BMW/Mini see fit to not allow none S users that colour. I can understand them not allowing things like the Blue on the M3 to other normal 3 series cars, or even the historical blue on the Cooper S, but that Grey! Come on mr BMW people, let us have it pleeeeeaaaassseeee.

I wish I could have that colour. Anyway don't go gettin your wheels chromed....well not before me anyway! ;)

My plan is as follows tho:

May 25th 2002: Mini Cooper

2005-2006: Mini Cooper S

2010ish: BMW M3 (no doubt E56 or summat) by then it'll be a V8 but if it isn't I'll stick an M5 Engine in it :D

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Ive seen a Peugeot 307 the other day with 19's Tean Dynamics in Black chrome & it looked the dogs :D :D :D
good knows how much tyres are :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I think white wheels should only go on black/red/yellow MINI's & Chrome should go on either Silver/Black MINI's :) :) :)

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Renowheels Bloke

I emailed renowheels.co.uk in my enquiries into Black Chrome wheels. Here is what I sent and what I got back :(

----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>; <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 3:32 PM
Subject: Dark/Black Chrome Alloy Wheels

> Hi,
> I have a new Mini on order delivery May, and was looking into having the
> wheels Dark/Black Chromed in a simlar fashion to that of the BMW M3 or M5
> Wheels. I was wondering if yourselfs carry out this service. If so could
you
> possibly give me an idea of price for a set of 4 17" Alloy wheels. I have
> included a web link to a post I have done on www.mini2.com to give you an
> idea of what it is I'm after:-
>
> http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4366
>
> Thanks
>
> Damian Hardman

What He Replied with:

Hi Damian,
I am very impressed with the Mini2 website,ithink the car grows on you the
more you see of them
on the road.I know that you will not find anybody in the UK to carry out
your dreams of how you
want your car to look.However i will look in my catalogues at work tomorrow
and see if i can buy
in black chrome wheels in 17 " to fit your newly awaited baby in May.I will
e-mail you again when
the information is to hand.
Kind Regards
Tony.

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
ELISEBOY said:
...maybe its just the paintshop jobby
:( ;) Damo didn't like it either (said the weren't dark enough) so here is attempt 2 (with Damo's seal of approval :))

·
MINI2 Master (Oh Wow!)
595 Posts
Black wheels? You sure damo?

Damo,

Mate, are you sure about this black chrome? Would you not prefer a set of beautiful high quality 17's in silver? With highly polished rims? Oh Really! Hamann Motorsport manufacture such a product...:rolleyes:

These wheels are breathtaking. I was in London the other day, on my way home during my 'mini adventure' was :Dhappy:D to be stuck in traffic next to a metallic black M5 sitting on the same wheels, but in 19" version!

The rest of the kit is brilliant, mine is on order and will be the first to grace her majesty's green and pleasant land.:cool:

visit - http://www.hamann-motorsport.de

UK agents are www.autovogue.com, and you will only get them and the rest of that fantastic kit, i promise you that much!!! Give them a call, if you don't like what you see, ask their opinions on your black chrome idea, I'd love to know how it goes...i wanna see the results, let me know mate.

Hamann Mini wheels:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
I think the black chrome looks really good. How about some 18' chrome jobbies on a black/white Cooper :cool: :cool: :cool:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts