MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to this site and seriously considering buying a Black Eye Purple / White MINI Cooper but have never seen one in the flesh. I can only find one photo of a BEP MINI ONE and a few MCS pics but no MINI Coopers! Can all you BEP Cooper owners give me your views on the colour and post us a few piccies to drool over??
KOTB
:)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Believe me, it's a fantastic colour. Photos, very often, don't do it justice because it's hard to reproduce (particularly on a PC monitor).

In reality, it seems to change hue depending upon the ambient lighting, from Royal blue to deep lustrous purple. Try to see one in the metal if you can (we have a BEP MCS by the way).

·
Registered
124 Posts
It's a great color, check out my gallery. Mostly looks like a fantastically rich blue, unless it's next to a blue cooper, in which case the purple becomes more evident.

·
Registered
38 Posts
black-eye purple/ purple haze

I don't own one, but saw one at the dealer (also a Hyper Blue, which I did order). Both colors are very "metalic", with flecks, but what is unique about Purple Haze is that it can noticeabley shift from blue to purple depending on the angle of the light. My wife like the "chameleon" effect, but I thought that this was too "pimp" for my self image (just joking). I am sure that no photo can do this paint justice, and you should definitely see it in person before ordering.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm a big fan of BEP. See my pic under my name - this shows it as blue (just one of the many colours to be seen when looking at it). I agree with others, you really do need to see this in real life to be sure.
I feel it is a subtle colour (not pimp like at all :p ). People are always commenting on the colour, more so than the fact it's a MINI Cooper - this may be due to it being still new to the roads.

BEP rules ok! In my opinion anyway ;)

·
Obsessive Not Compulsive
413 Posts
Took a good long look at a BEP/W MCS in the showroom while I had my Cooper in for service recently.
From the pictures I had seen it was not on my list of colours to covet, but in the flesh I was impressed.
It's now a colour I could see myself owning. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
you can take a look at out BEP at my gallery as well. Its a great colour, no regrets at all. Saw a BEP with Black roof and black stripes yesterday, and that looked pretty good as well, apart from the black stripes IMHO

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone! What a fab site this is and helpful bunch you all are. BEP it is then unless I buy my mate's MCS (DS/W). I will know if he's going to sell it after he moves house in a couple of weeks.... Thanks again :cool:

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm a BEP Cooper owner too.

I've only seen a couple of others on the road.

Mive's got a white roof and white bonnet stripes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I am new to this site and seriously considering buying a Black Eye Purple / White MINI Cooper but have never seen one in the flesh. I can only find one photo of a BEP MINI ONE and a few MCS pics but no MINI Coopers! Can all you BEP Cooper owners give me your views on the colour and post us a few piccies to drool over??
KOTB
:)
I would suggest buying. I am the proud owner of one myself. Follow my insta @black_eyed_cooper and ask anything you need for me to sway you to buy one

1 - 18 of 18 Posts