MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find a black front grille for my Cooper S (52 reg). I've currently got a stainless steel grille. If anyone has a spare one for sale or knows where I can get one please let me know.

Thanks

·
Obsessive Car Cleaner OCC
3,342 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Scott,

Thanks for the info, gonna give BMW a call. I don't really wanna fit it myself as I don't wanna risk doing it wrong and damaging my beloved Mini! Gonna try and find someone to fit it too! Do you know roughly how much it would cost to fit the Aero grill & trim?

Anna

·
3,342 Posts
Hi Scott,

Thanks for the info, gonna give BMW a call. I don't really wanna fit it myself as I don't wanna risk doing it wrong and damaging my beloved Mini! Gonna try and find someone to fit it too! Do you know roughly how much it would cost to fit the Aero grill & trim?

Anna
What bodykit do you have? if you have the Aero kit then its actually very simple and its unlikely that you will damage you MINI ;)

What area do you live in, sure there will be someone close who can help.

Lohen do the same grill, but pre-modified so you can fit easily at home.

Lohen.co.uk - Track & Fast Road Performance for your New Mini - Online Shop
It may be me being a tight A*se but thats nearly 3 time's the amount of the grill :aargh: and if Anna doesnt have the aero kit and she then opts for this fitting by a garage it will be knocking on the door of the price of the front aero grill apron just for the grill and fitting :hmph:

Just my 2p :D

·
Registered
988 Posts
That's true - didn't notice the price tag! Although I doubt BMW will fit the black grill on a non-Aero Kit MINI.

Anna, I don't think it's too much of a job to be honest - from what I've read, you have to cut a part of the black grill away, and not anything on your MINI.

·
3,342 Posts
That's true - didn't notice the price tag! Although I doubt BMW will fit the black grill on a non-Aero Kit MINI.

Anna, I don't think it's too much of a job to be honest - from what I've read, you have to cut a part of the black grill away, and not anything on your MINI.
Yup it is high in respect of whats needed and the original price :hmph: i did forget to mention that BMW will probably 100% not fit this to a Non Aero front apron.

If you were located up north then even id lend a helping hand to do this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just have a standard Mini Cooper S with the chilli pack, so I don't have the aero kit. I'll take some pics of my mini tomorrow and upload them here so you can see it. Do I have to have the aero kit to fit the front girll & trim or will it just make things easier?

Thanks for the offer Scott but i'm down south, in Hertfordshire. If you know anyone in the area from the forum you could point me in the direction of that would be very helpful! :)

Anna

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Thanks OJM, but yeh that's quite pricey. Gonna try and get hold of one from BMW. Yeh i've read that too, i'll try and get my dad & boyf to help, i'm sure we'll be able to do it!

Do you think its best just to replace the grill & trim or go for the entire aero kit?

Scott - what do you reckon?

Cheers

Anna

·
Registered
664 Posts
You have a few options for a black front grille.

If you just want your slats in black, retaining the chrome surround trim, it is inexpensive and easy to replace the bonnet grille (and slat in the upper bumper) with MINI One grille parts. The part numbers are 51137133846 for the bonnet grille and 51117032899 for the slat in the bumper. Grilles for R50, R53, R52 are all interchangeable. I have done this on my R52:

If you want black plastic honeycomb grille with black surrounds, as others have mentioned you can get the aero kit grille (which can be purchased separately from the full aero kit). The bonnet grille is a direct replacement and installs easily. The grille on the upper bumper requires some trimming to fit on an original (non-aero) bumper, but many people have done it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i've just posted that I'm after the top black mesh grill....what was the outcome with your story. did you purchase from bmw and was it easy to fit. i have a cooper s with no body kit?

thanks for your help

1 - 13 of 13 Posts