MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is from a request I got from Damo, a while ago...
Not up to the standards of dome of the photoshop wotk on here, but the car was originally yellow :D

What do you all think (Damo :D)

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
I was about to say you didn't give me credit for my grill, :confused: and you didn't even use it :-( Took me ages that! :(

Does suit a black car better.....hmmmm will have to see what it looks like when I get the car. Thats assuming I can do it myself and that the grill slats are removable and replaceable (for when I take trade it back in the future)

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
I ahve to say what I'd love to do is get that grill off the front of the Aero pack (all black) and stick that on. Two problems tho. They don't sell it sepretly (so would have to ask if John Cooper Works would give me the one they didn't use for the Works Cooper they've been letting the Mags Drive.) The other problem. Wouldn't match the lower grill :(

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
OOOOOOOOOOO that looks good :cool: :cool: :cool:
But then again.......YOU CANT BEAT A GOOD BIT OF CHROME :D :D :D :D

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
P.S. I think I prefer the first version.
I also tried a version 3 with chrome slats on lower grill, bootom chrome slat left on upper grill and others replaced with mesh... not too sure on that one :confused:

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Also.... from what I understand, the chrome slats clip on over the original black grill.... this may be the first thing that I try... Has anybody removed/tried to remove theirs?? I think it could look good on a black car.

UPDATE: would look something like this....

and I think this is my fave (and possibly easiest option too?) so far...

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
cmt said:
how about this

???
The first look best. But this second one is an idea. It doesn't look quite right in this photoshop. But if there wasn't a "kink" where the bumber is it would look smart. Its a case of me explaining how it would look. If the bottom bit of the grill was level with the bottom bumber and the top bit level with the bonnet, so it goes diagnol as one piece, it would look smart I think. (i.e. ressessed) Only problem is how would it effect the opening of the bonnet.

I think I may stick with original idea but I'm not sure if that'll work either. As for removing the chrome slats, it looks smart but I doubt I'd get away with it, with them not being Cosmos black.

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Damo said:
...this second one is an idea. It doesn't look quite right in this photoshop. But if there wasn't a "kink" where the bumber is it would look smart...
unfortunately Damo, that is how it would be... unless you spent a lot of time getting the top grill to come forward or the bottom grill/bumper to go backward a bit... That's why I did it the way I did. (I did try it the other way, and it looked very good, but impossible??)

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
cmt said:

unfortunately Damo, that is how it would be... unless you spent a lot of time getting the top grill to come forward or the bottom grill/bumper to go backward a bit... That's why I did it the way I did. (I did try it the other way, and it looked very good, but impossible??)
Oh I know it would be a hell of a lot of work, I said it would be difficult to do. You'd have to cut part of the lower bumper out and have the full grill attached to the bobet, so that when you lift the bonnet it would leave a hole/cut out in the front bumber

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
cmt said:

That's why I did it the way I did. (I did try it the other way, and it looked very good, but impossible??)
Any chance of showing it us. (was doing it myself but if you've alredy done it)

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
here you go....

(not perfect shape, but close enough for now)

and one more for good measure

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
The whole grill looks realy really good, but would be very difficult to do without chooping into the body work. I think that one will have to br drempt about or left for the likes of the Max Power people.
The second one tho has potential. 1st thing 1st, sorry to be picky but you've left a bit of the chrome surround on the bumber on the right hand side anyway an idea:

As you've left the bottom slat in for the top half of the grill, why not with the bottom bit, moot the slat up slightly (so its aligned with the chrom outer edge), making the bottom "Whole" slightly bigger, then fill it in with the mesh.

I hope this isn't intervering with your work ;) :D :p

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Damo said:
I hope this isn't intervering with your work ;) :D :p
Actually it is :p but here you go anyway :D

hope you like this one :rolleyes:

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
best yet I think :)

I know, why don't you make all the chrome bits black, make the whels and roof black, oh and then you can give it wings, yeah wings. In fact scrap that idea turn it into an F16 Fighter plane! Only take you a comple of mins ;)

SOrry for messing with your work I shall not disturb you any more :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
cmt said:

Actually it is :p but here you go anyway :D

hope you like this one :rolleyes:
WOW....that is great! Hope I can do exactly as you have planned on this view. On a black car it is going to be awesome.:cool: :D Thank you for your hard work, however I do know it is theraputic for you as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts