MINI Cooper Forum banner

WHich color would best suit a mans' MINI convertible?

• Astro Black/ Black top

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • Pepper White/ Black top

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • British Racing Green/Black top

Votes: 7 14.9%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on the verge of ordering my MINI convertible for '08 I am torn between two colors. Astro Black and Pepper White.

Here is my take on the two and please comment if you have an opinon.

Black: bad ass, sporty, fits the sporting nature of the supercharger, a man's car ( obviously I am a Man) Looks hella good when clean.

White: Im sure this is just in my head but I can't get past the idea of it being a girls car, especially with it being a convertible.

Then again, its free ( no extra charge for the paint color) Will stay clean longer. Won't see the scratches or dust as easily.

Does black on the outside make the car hotter on the inside?

Better yet, do YOU own one of these colors? If so, are you happy with it? Why or why not? How has your paint held up?

please stop the tape and discuss amongst yourselves. :p

Thanks

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
I think Black but I am a fan of Pepper White too. The black does get dirty quickly but the white shows up the annoying little dots of sap, tar - little tiny dots all over. I have owned a Solid black MINI and it was amazing looking car. I was a touch obsessive with the scratches though but it looked amazing when detailed. My friend has a pepper white and I would be far more obsessive with Pepper white as I would be clay barring it every week to rid the car of those annoying little dots which are really obvious!

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
Having owned a Black MINI...and having had a Pepper White loaner for a week, id had have to say...Chili Red :D

But! :p

In all seriousness (is that even possible from me?! :D) I would go for Black :eek:

...pepper white is nice though!

·
Factory JCW
658 Posts
Astro Black here but then i could be biased as thats what i have now :)

There discontinuing the Astro Black soon so the colour will be rarer...

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
PW everytime, I've had a black MINI before, nightmare to keep clean, shows stone chips too easily.

PW is a classic MINI/mini colour that I never tire of, love it:D

·
JCW time
18,905 Posts
PW everytime, I've had a black MINI before, nightmare to keep clean, shows stone chips too easily.

PW is a classic MINI/mini colour that I never tire of, love it:D

Actually I wish PW was more like the classic Old english white....pepper white always makes me think of magnolia for some reason and puts me off, which is a shame as I would love a white MINI....

So a vote for Astro black here:D

·
Miss Independent
791 Posts
PW!

Black cars are too much effort to keep looking tip top.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hahahahaha I just HAVE to laugh at the great answers because they mirror exactly what I am going through....

Thanks and keep it going!

·
MINI defector
13,698 Posts
Arrrrrgh!!!

Really difficult one :confused:
No doubt it's a choice between the black or white, really depends on whcih you prefer.
I'd personally go for the black with nice chrome detailing and some silver bonnet stripes.
But on the flip side you can get the white and do a negative on the balck theme. e.g. anthracite wheels, black bonnet stripes, dechromed...
White is a very fashionable colour at the moment over here in teh UK so I would personally keep clear, however as you're in the US I don't think that's an issue.

Good luck with this dilema, colours will always drive you insane!!!

Welcome to the forum BTW :)

·
LBC SUCKS BUTT!!
849 Posts
PW - never been happy with my Astro Blue sorry black

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you know.. I was wondering why it took a bit of time to get an initial response.. Now I know why! You all are all the way on the other side of the pond!! lol... Well, I am working right now doing night shift in the Emergency Room... Its about 03:30 am : )

·
Registered
29 Posts
Having owned a white car, they are also a nightmare to keep clean. So in respect of which looks better, black all the way for me :) !!

Whichever colour you go for you will have to invest in some decent cleaning products, good luck !

Rich.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Throwing in a curve ball have you seen the laser blue/navy roof convertible? It looks the absolute business and if I was to order a Convertible it would be that combo. Looks amazing - had one pass me on the motorway and it looked brilliant!

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
you know.. I was wondering why it took a bit of time to get an initial response.. Now I know why! You all are all the way on the other side of the pond!! lol... Well, I am working right now doing night shift in the Emergency Room... Its about 03:30 am : )
Actually there is a higher percentage of members on your side of the pond, but for some reason the UK guys are a bit more vocal and venture out of the regional forums more;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Pepper white!

When i ordered mine the first thing that sprung to mind was the hours of cleaning her but i have to say she looks meaner and loved with a bit of dirt on her arse! My next MINI will be a pepper white convertable without a doubt!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Well I have owned both!

I will have to agree with you in the the PW is very, very girly - especially it being a convertible. They do look very nice with some stripes etc but I found mine very hard to keep clean. I couldn't get used to driving such a white MINI for ages and to be honest didn't really like it as much as I thought I would after I bought it.

I say get Astro Black! Hard to keep clean again but with lots of chrome and nice wheels I think they look absolutely stunning. Ya can't beat a nice shiny black car plus I have one ;)

Good luck :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts