MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i was filling up my Dooper with some water at the weekend and discovered thick black residue on the pipes around the turbo. Has anyone else experienced this??

Cheers

Andy

·
Mini Madness
341 Posts
We've got quite a lot of black 'soot' around the turbo, particularly on the underside of the bonnet on our Clubman Dooper

·
Mini Madness
341 Posts
It's on the list of things to question when our car reaches its first service

Chris

·
Registered
29 Posts
i had something similar and was told it was oil mist, was sorted out on first visit whithin 2 hours, book it straight in i wouldn't wait til first service.
paul

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I took my dooper in for its service and mentioned the above problem. Turns out that engine fumes had been leaking from the turbo and it would require a new one. Hopefully come tuesday it will be all sorted.

·
Registered
159 Posts
This is quite common with the doopers....sonner or later, it will be black..especially if you like to make the journey full throtle..

·
Dubman Driver
65 Posts
Don't wait till the service - get it done now. Firstly because it's definitley not normal (though fairly frequent :D) and mainly because you will be inhaling gases until it's sorted! Turns out it is due to a badly-fitted clamp between the turbo and the particle filter housing. They may order a new clamp, but chances are the joining surfaces are slightly warped, and will continue to leak a bit. The only real remedy is to change both the turbo and the pre-cat (primary catalytic converter).

Hope this helps you all.. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts