MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there!

I just got myself an Astro Black Cooper D.. fab car! :)

Was wondering if i should get black bonnet stripes for it.

I've seen white bonnet stripes but they're too prominent for my likings and i prefer something a bit less strong if you know what i mean.

I've tried searching google for pics but no joy.

What do you think?

Also, has anyone bought and fitted their own stripes from Ebay?? Any good? or should i avoid like the plague???

·
Cyber Police
9,618 Posts
Black stripes on a black car ??? IMO would not look odd and there realy would be no point in having them, Maybe you could get white pin striping done, Phil at MINI Pirate is the place to go, Best decals in the world i say :D

·
LBC SUCKS BUTT!!
849 Posts
I was thinking of doing the exact same thing!! Bit like ghost stripes but a non-permanent method. I haven't seen an AB with black stripes but have seen a BRG with dark silver and it looks nice. I'll try and dig a photo out. In my opinion, got for it! You'll probably be a one of a kind.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Silver stripes might be a compromise. Much more subtle than white. imo pure gloss black looks a bit odd on Astro Black as AB is quite blue in a certain light.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking of doing the exact same thing!! Bit like ghost stripes but a non-permanent method. I haven't seen an AB with black stripes but have seen a BRG with dark silver and it looks nice. I'll try and dig a photo out. In my opinion, got for it! You'll probably be a one of a kind.
Yes, exactly! I'm after the subtle look where the black stripes would be have like a contour effect for the bonnet :)

Still, i need to see a few pics i think before i go for it... bit worried about harming my bonnet when trying to remove the stripes if it looks horrendous!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Black stripes on a black car ??? IMO would not look odd and there realy would be no point in having them, Maybe you could get white pin striping done, Phil at MINI Pirate is the place to go, Best decals in the world i say :D

Hey cool, i'm all for recommendations instead of dodgy looking offers on Ebay!

Any chance of a link (if permissable)??

thanks.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey cool, i'm all for recommendations instead of dodgy looking offers on Ebay!

Any chance of a link (if permissable)??

thanks.

did a search a found it... very nice indeed! going to spend more time browsing the site after work... thanks :)

If i go ahead with it... i'll post some pics (that's if it looks good though :p)

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Suprisingly good to look at. When I read the title of the thread, I thought that it was a bit of a silly question and a pointless option, however, after seeing Miss Lottie's, I actually think that they look really good - understated but there!:) What colour is your roof?;)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Suprisingly good to look at. When I read the title of the thread, I thought that it was a bit of a silly question and a pointless option, however, after seeing Miss Lottie's, I actually think that they look really good - understated but there!:) What colour is your roof?;)

roof is the same colour as the rest of the car.. Astro Black :p

Might go for a silver/black combo bonnet stripe recommended to me by Jordan210... Mini Pirate's creative selection does look rather good :hmph:

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
roof is the same colour as the rest of the car.. Astro Black :p

Might go for a silver/black combo bonnet stripe recommended to me by Jordan210... Mini Pirate's creative selection does look rather good :hmph:
Phil will do good quality work - see some of his previous work!:D:cool:

·
Registered
63 Posts
what about matt balck viper stripes???

would give a different kinda look and you would be able to see the difference between the paint and the decals then

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what about matt balck viper stripes???

would give a different kinda look and you would be able to see the difference between the paint and the decals then

That's a tempting idea! But i need to keep my looking a bit more civilized.. I mean no offence when i say i don't want to verge on the 'boy racer' type look.

I want my car looking elegant and sophisticated hence why i'm thinking about black bonnet stripes instead of white etc. I think with this sort of subtle detailing... i should be able to add more without my car looking too 'busy'. ....or so my theory goes anyway :tongue:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i think you should do it. matt black would look good. Are you planning to black out the rest of the car?

Not sure but i don't think my current budget allows me to. I've just bought a pair of chrome side repeaters with white covers... looks very nice indeedy so i'm looking forward to fitting it to my mini this Saturday. Woo hooo!

Should make a big difference.. gotta say, i bet 'they' must make a killing selling these plastic things... :hmph:

I might approach Mini Pirate and see if they will can do one of the bonnet stripes (from creative range) but with a bit of edging to it... will have to see :smile:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you need to see any of his work

http://www.mini2.com/forum/mini-pirate/150923-examples-mini-pirates-great-work.html

I forgot Lottie had thoses on her car !

Silver and black looks nice was whta i was gona get befor i saw the checkerd 3rd mirror cover that started my check idea off again !

You're absolutely right! Silver and black does look nice!! Woo hoo, those pics just made my choice even easier (defo get one of those bonnet stripes from MiniPirate). :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts