MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
A Total Mini Convert
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered some Black Wow, but when I have seen instructions for its use, I see that people say to clean the black down with 50/50 Water/Alcohol, to clean the old stuff off.
What do I use then to clean it down? Not sure if a single malt and water would really do the job ;)

·
24hr
248 Posts
I would think they probably mean Isopropyl Alcohol. It's safe on plastics and is usually used for cleaning electrical components and PCB's etc so you should be able to get some in Maplins and the like ? Save the single malt for when your done and put your feet up ! ;)

·
Registered
241 Posts
An APC ( All purpose cleaner) will work. I've seen mixed results of Black Wow, that and the price has put me off. I hope it works for you :smile:

·
A Total Mini Convert
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought I would give it a go, as there is quite a lot of black to keep looking good on the Mini.

·
JP :-)
1,901 Posts
I recently got pointed in the direction of Groundnut Oil (Tesco £1 for 500ml) it's fantastic, gets rid of all the old crap on the plastic arches and leaves them with a very natural sheen. ;)

·
Registered
192 Posts
what do you guys use on the plastic gutter all the way around the roof. mine are getting quite dull now, ive tried using different products & it looks great at first but when it rains i just get steaks all down the windows.

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
what do you guys use on the plastic gutter all the way around the roof. mine are getting quite dull now, ive tried using different products & it looks great at first but when it rains i just get steaks all down the windows.
i use my Autogylm Bumper Care. works really well i find.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts