MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
XR3i / JCW MCS
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Blacked out my side vents this week, very pleased with the results just debating black crystal side repeaters :D

·
XR3i / JCW MCS
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
think I'll get some ordered, nothing to lose really at the mo sometimes I like it with the current ones sometimes I don't

·
XR3i / JCW MCS
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes....ish it's held on by a plastic post with a metal spring washer securing it, I managed to snap one but it's back on ok.

the vents just pop off, remove the repeater, then you remove the rear mesh which is just clipped on, remove the S along with the washer is some adhesive then push hard from the back (oo er!!).

I used Plastdip for the black, fantastic product just sprays on with no prep and if you don't like it it peels back off leaving the chrome underneath intact :D

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
I do like the colour coded ones. The only problem with blacking them out is that they look like those of a One/Cooper/OneD with an S stuck on!

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
they do look much better in the flesh
Oh right, just I thought that the chrome was there for differentiation. Surely by painting them black the purpose is removed!

·
XR3i / JCW MCS
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
well some people think changing things is chav :rolleyes:

but hasn't worked out that oem isn't always best. ;)

blacked out matches the arches, aero kit, blacked out beltline and tint and imho really sets the car off. Some black lenses are on the cards asap

1 - 20 of 20 Posts