MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
XR3i / JCW MCS
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Blacked out my side vents this week, very pleased with the results just debating black crystal side repeaters :D

·
XR3i / JCW MCS
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
think I'll get some ordered, nothing to lose really at the mo sometimes I like it with the current ones sometimes I don't

·
XR3i / JCW MCS
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes....ish it's held on by a plastic post with a metal spring washer securing it, I managed to snap one but it's back on ok.

the vents just pop off, remove the repeater, then you remove the rear mesh which is just clipped on, remove the S along with the washer is some adhesive then push hard from the back (oo er!!).

I used Plastdip for the black, fantastic product just sprays on with no prep and if you don't like it it peels back off leaving the chrome underneath intact :D

·
I can't get no sleep
868 Posts
that does look smooth but plastidip doen't come in dark silver :D
I'll i did was get the paint code and down to my local autopaint suppliers got them to put it an aerosol then primed it then prayed it leccy blue.

Think the black works with yours though :nice:

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
I do like the colour coded ones. The only problem with blacking them out is that they look like those of a One/Cooper/OneD with an S stuck on!

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
they do look much better in the flesh
Oh right, just I thought that the chrome was there for differentiation. Surely by painting them black the purpose is removed!

·
XR3i / JCW MCS
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
well some people think changing things is chav :rolleyes:

but hasn't worked out that oem isn't always best. ;)

blacked out matches the arches, aero kit, blacked out beltline and tint and imho really sets the car off. Some black lenses are on the cards asap

1 - 20 of 20 Posts