MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

As I visited my dealer today for a coffee and some MINI talk, I mentioned my Cooper only flashes the indicator lights once when I lock it; it does nothing when I open it.
His MINI blinks three times upon opening and closing.
So we connected my car to the BMW computer in the garage to see what settings are possible.
Lots of features already discussed here but nothing on the blinking.

Can anyone shed some light on this, is there just a software upgrade neccessary ? (We used Car & Key memory M28.0)

How do other members MINI's blink ?

Cheers
Eric

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi,

My car alarm also flashes once on arming and nothing on disarming.

The car has been back for programming a while back, but unfortunatly the 'new' software for the arlam hadnt arrived yet.

My car is going back to the dealers next Thursday so hopefully this will be able to be programmed.

I would like mine set to 2 flashes 2 beeps to set and 1 flash 1 beep to unset.

Will let you know next week if it has been succesful.

Regards,

lol

·
Registered
391 Posts
Blinking Mini

My mini one has got the factory fitted alarm and it flashes 3 times when you un-arm it and 4 times when you lock it back up again. The only time it has made a noise it when it has gone of.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, a lot of variation here.
Thanks LOL, let me know how you get on.
Personally I think it is a software problem too.
But it's still strange there are so many different 'standard' factory settings for the MINI's.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Oh, I'm feeling better and better reading this forum, :(

I posted about my problems elsewhere, but I hadn't considered the 'blinking' before. Ever since getting the car (with alarm) I've had one blink on locking and nothing on unlocking. Courtesy of my problems at the weekend, my dealership replaced the ECU on Tuesday, but ... I'm still only getting one blink on locking and nothing on unlocking.

Something to mention at the dealership possibly. I would have hoped that they'd notice it themselves though. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Blinking

I don't have the alarm, it doesn't flash when I open it, and flashes once when it is locked.
The last time it went to the dealers I asked if they could change it so that it flashes when it is unlocked, they apparently had a go but said they found it wasn't possible to alter it!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Programming locking/unlocking signals via Car Memory

Page 46 or the Owners Manual (which we're not meant to read remember) says that the signalling to confirm the vehicle has been locked/unlocked is part of Car Memory. It also says, perhaps rather optimistically, that "MINI Service will gladly adjust as you wish."

·
Registered
28 Posts
The only reason I asked for the alteration to be made was because I had read that it was possible.

Perhaps the car has a better memory than the service department!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My Cooper (NO alarm) is still the same. One flash when I lock it, nothing when I open it.
And the dealer couldn't change it. I was there with them on the computer and there was nothing mentioned in the program about the blinking. I suppose it has to do with the Key Memory, this is an option on most BMW's but NOT on the MINI.
When you select the Key Memory function the program says that this is NOT available.

BTW,LOL how is your progress ?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I was recently told by my dealer that they are waiting for new 'software'. This will allow all of the memory options that should be programmable on the MINI, to be available.

·
Registered
213 Posts
My car (week 50 build) has the alarm - one flash when locking and no flash when unlocking.

This must be the standard configuration for all MINIs at the moment?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi,

Car came back from the dealers on Friday.

I am glad to say seats are all fixed. They are full leather and feel a lot firmer and all the squeeks and creaks seem to have dissapeared.

On the alarm front the car still does the same, 1 flash to set and nothing to unset.

I suppose the new software for the programming hasnt arrived yet!

Regards,

Lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
lock/unlock flashing

Hi.

I got my car back from my dealer as the ignition barrel was bust.

I had noticed before I handed the car in that it had stopped blinking at unlock.

I mentioned this to the dealer, and he showed me that another MINI outside didn't flash at unlock either.

I just smiled and said maybe, but mine USED to flash, sir.

He then tried to get the fix downloaded in the dealership to carry out to the car on the laptop but couldn't find the fix on the BMW network!

He's phoning me back tomorrow (maybe!)

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
I have the alarm and like most people it flashes once when you lock it and nothing when you open it. But that is fine by me, all I want to know is confirmation my car is locked.

LMB :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Blinkers

Same here mine only blink once on locking and nothing to de activate. Mentioned this to dealer when I had the alarm problem , so we tested other minis in the compound and they were all the same. It does state in the manual that it should flash three times to activate and one to de activate. My car has gone in today for a few days treatment will let u know how I get on.

Does anybody else have a re call notice for corosion on outside of front doors? If so could you let me know what colour your car is.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts