MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MINI defector
13,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all this rain I've only just noticed that on trim just infront of the wiper, the drainage hole on the passenger side is blocked.
Water builds up here but so far from what I can see just spills over and drains away. There's no ingress into the car that I can find. I've tried to unblock it from the top to no avail.

Does anybody know there this drain leads to so I can see if I can unblock it from that end?

·
MINI defector
13,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:rolleyes: :p

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
I will offer a serious reply ;)

I had this on my car.

It was blocked by some debris (bit of leave or something).

I got a wooden kebab skewer and gently pushed it down into the hole. This cleared it and ut has not re-blocked in about a year.

·
MINI defector
13,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will offer a serious reply ;)

I had this on my car.

It was blocked by some debris (bit of leave or something).

I got a wooden kebab skewer and gently pushed it down into the hole. This cleared it and ut has not re-blocked in about a year.
Cheers Ken,
Kebab skewer is a great idea :D
Will give it a go.

·
MINIac
90 Posts
I had this last weekend, was quite concerned as i could see a piece of twig that was heading down with no way for me to retrieve it.

I used a stiff piece of wire and poked it down and it cleared out no problem, so i'm guessing it doesn't get any smaller than the hole you can see, and if anything probably widens up.

·
Registered
565 Posts
my S did the same I used a stiff piece of earthing wire and gave it good poke about, it then drained water correctly again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts