MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi the wife has a 2013 2.0d convertible. She came home the other day and the car is making a rattling noise ( it is) sounds like it is coming from the turbo also some whistling I have the following fault codes 4755 boost pressure plate position control; 4498 boost pressure plate position sensor or status. I am hoping it's not but what do you think ? is the turbo kaput ? The car has 38000 miles on it.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Hi the wife has a 2013 2.0d convertible. She came home the other day and the car is making a rattling noise ( it is) sounds like it is coming from the turbo also some whistling I have the following fault codes 4755 boost pressure plate position control; 4498 boost pressure plate position sensor or status. I am hoping it's not but what do you think ? is the turbo kaput ? The car has 38000 miles on it.
Thanks[/QUOT

4498 boost pressure plate position sensor or status,,,,, would guess the map sensor is doing it job, 38k low for a turbo failure but not unheard of, remove the inlet pipe off turbo check for movement on turbine, also rattling noises need to make sure timing chain tensioner not gone south, when them diesels are in regeneration of dpf they sound rattle diesel knocky, egr valve if dirty or broken can cause noises,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply I shall check it out later when I get home. I'll let you know how I get on
Regards

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As suspected the Turbo is kaput 😬 any recommendations for where to get a replacement
Cheers

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
As suspected the Turbo is kaput 😬 any recommendations for where to get a replacement
Cheers
cheapest option would be find a turbo reconditioners and send it off for repair, or total refurb depending on how much money you want to throw at it,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts