MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I've been searching around all the MINI accessory sellers and have drawn a blank. Where can I find a blue leather shift boot for my Cooper S? Does MINI offer it as a factory accessory that I can buy at the dealer or are they strictly aftermarket? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
In the UK dealers can sell you a Lapis blue handbrake boot and a Lapis blue gearlever
boot. My dealer got them in for me to look at but I was unimpressed with the quality
for the money. I bought graphite leather boots from Redline and they match my "black"
interior perfectly, see my gallery. Ignore the handbrake leather I did that myself . The
quality of the leather is better than the OEM leather boots. They do plenty of colours,
see http://www.redlinegoods.com/clrchart.shtm

·
Un-Banned
1,999 Posts
SteveM3 said:
In the UK dealers can sell you a Lapis blue handbrake boot and a Lapis blue gearlever
boot. My dealer got them in for me to look at but I was unimpressed with the quality
for the money. I bought graphite leather boots from Redline and they match my "black"
interior perfectly, see my gallery. Ignore the handbrake leather I did that myself . The
quality of the leather is better than the OEM leather boots. They do plenty of colours,
see http://www.redlinegoods.com/clrchart.shtm
I had exactly the same problem with the Mini ones. Ordered, like yourself the blue redline set but with red stitching (Match the Blitz blue faced dials with red needles in oem pod). V.Good quality and any color u want

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I got both from Mini and I installed the e-brake boot (close match) but I still have the shift boot/knob in the box. It was not even close to the same color as my seats! And to top it off, the dealer would not take it back! Still have it if anyone is interested...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ditto for the quality of the Redline products. Installed my goods this week & they look grate. Will post photos when new steering wheel is in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
bonz
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing