MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Let's Motor
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that a lot of you guys have seen the newer italian job with the new minis. Well what i was wondering is what exactly is the blue mini cooper running, im refering to exterior, interior, and performance parts (Practically everything). If you guys can help me out.

-Valentine

·
The REAL King of Bling
261 Posts
Mini Kid said:
I know that a lot of you guys have seen the newer italian job with the new minis. Well what i was wondering is what exactly is the blue mini cooper running, im refering to exterior, interior, and performance parts (Practically everything). If you guys can help me out.

-Valentine
Dont think anyone really knows much about it. I think it may have a jcw kit but i dont know. Its certainly got a different exhaust system thats for sure. Its got the aerokit too :cool:

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Not sure either, seemed like a standard MC with aero kit and the cross spoke 17's on
alot of the sound is probably enhanced anyway. I.E when the cars are in the tube station they had to use electric cars down there as they wouldnt let them use the petrol engined cars down there, so obviously the sound was added afterwards.

In the last James Bond movie they had Aston Martin suply them with several Vanquishs but when they did the scenes on the ice think they put a V8 engine in them (standard one being V12) and had to make them into 4WD. So just as easily in the Italian Job the car could have had a sports exhaust and induction kit on for all we know, but it did sound nicely throaty :)

·
SUCKIN DIESEL!!!!
7,669 Posts
This is one of the actual cars used, well one of 12!:rolleyes:

I took this on a recent tour of the factory

Far a I know its Standard Cooper in Indie Blue (no longer available)
Full Aerokit and R90 alloys

:cool:

Attachments

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
Visually, the only odd thing was that the wing mirrors weren't white.

It would be unlikely that the engines had been upgraded. Most stunt driving is carried out at lower speeds, and then enhanced by slowing all other cars down as well - For instance, weaving through traffic, most of the other cars would have been travelling very slowly, to make the Minis look fast. I can't see an real advantage of having actually upgraded the engines.

All the sound of the cars on the films would have come from post production.

Likely that the suspension was toughened up.

One thing not yet on the production cars that would be nice - the self healing bodywork ... :rolleyes:

·
SUCKIN DIESEL!!!!
7,669 Posts
Believe me these 3 cars that came back (red one in background) have a few dings!

Aparently they kept a bodyshop going full time during filming! :rolleyes: :p

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Tony*t3 said:
Visually, the only odd thing was that the wing mirrors weren't white.

It would be unlikely that the engines had been upgraded. Most stunt driving is carried out at lower speeds, and then enhanced by slowing all other cars down as well - For instance, weaving through traffic, most of the other cars would have been travelling very slowly, to make the Minis look fast. I can't see an real advantage of having actually upgraded the engines.

All the sound of the cars on the films would have come from post production.

Likely that the suspension was toughened up.

One thing not yet on the production cars that would be nice - the self healing bodywork ... :rolleyes:

Yes couldnt help but notice the self healing bodywork too :D

or general dents in the blue cooper before it had been any kind of bump?????

anyone for turbo boost or super persuit mode? :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
I was looking at one of the blue Coopers at the factory earlier this year. It was the one they used for the tunnel chase in LA. The car had the engine replaced with electric motors and the back seats were replaced by a bank of batteries. Apparently, the local authorities wouldn't allow petrol driven cars to run through the tunnels.

·
Let's Motor
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, they had to have the mini hybrid because they dont allow combustion in the subway tunnels. So the newer Mini Cooper isnt made in Indy Blue or is that any mini cooper. But wouldnt Indy Blue be the same a the Hyper Blue for MCS? So i dont think they would toss JCW in the minis just to be banged up and destroyed. So wouldnt of they just tossed in exhaust and like a induction kit or racing chips?

-valentine

·
Registered
514 Posts
Indi Blue was one of the original colors when the MINI came to market (in 2002 in the US). The color is no longer an option for newly built MINI's -- more or less replaced by Hyper Blue. There are differences in the color, but Hyper Blue is the closest you can get to Indi Blue.

·
Let's Motor
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Would there be a noticable diffference between the 2? Hyper Blue with the white top & white bonnet stripe, and the Indy Blue with the white top & white bonnet stripe aswell?

-valentine

·
Registered
514 Posts
Would there be a noticable diffference between the 2?
To the casual observer, probably not. To a MINI afficionado (fanatic?) yes. You should check out pics people have posted of each to see the difference. Hyper Blue is more vibrant in my opinion. Hyper Blue w/ White looks very nice.

·
Mt Top
15 Posts
Blue v. Blue

I just took delivery of my new S in Hyper Blue. It is definitely lighter than the Indi Blue, but it is brighter at the same time. I had really wanted the Indi, but now that I have it, I am very happy with my Hyper Blue with White combo. The Hyper looks nice as the dashboard color as well. :D

Charlie

1 - 13 of 13 Posts