Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
CHECK OUT POST 61 in this thread!

LAST YEAR I WROTE
"Those of us at the Cooper Vineyard Convergence on Saturday 24th, July 2004 had a great time and some commented we should do this again. So here's a proposal for an event that I'm going to go ahead and set up. Hope people will be interested. I founded and organized a similar event in INDIANA back in the early 90's - I ran it for 8 years and started with 7 cars the first year, up to 121cars, all BRITISH, by the time we moved from IN to VA in 2000. It's still going strong and just celebrated it's 13th Annual meet -- Do a search if you're interested for "TEA AT THE VICARAGE, HOWE, IN)"

We had a great time with about 14 MINI's turning up so let's do it again. All you have to do is turn up for a great day with other MINI enthusiasts.

Date: TBD - September 24th, 2005

Where: Meet at Sunnyside Farms @ The Schoolhouse in SPERRYVILLE, VA (Lots of room at the place for parking and opportunity to eat lunch at the BURGER BARN or the DELI.)

What: A 50 mile drive (or thereabouts) around the area (Rappahannock, Culpeper County) in the foothills of the BLUE RIDGE on a pre-determined route looking for answers to clues provided on the day. i.e. A TREASURE HUNT or SCAVENGER HUNT. For this event it is advisable to bring a passenger to navigate and help to look for the answers/clues. The event is not a race and no skill is required (beyond that of being able to DRIVE a MINI!) The event is meant to be a fun time for fellow enthusiasts doing what we like to do -- DRIVE our MINI COOPERS!

The rally will start and end in SPERRYVILLE, VA. At the completion of the rally the answer sheets will be tallied and a winner will be announced. I'm sure I can come up with some sort of "PRIZE" for the winner.

Proposed time frame for the day would be. (Times Approx at this point)

11.00 Cars arrive, register (no fee) and receive route/clue sheet.
(Time to eat lunch and chat together)

12.00noon cars begin to leave at intervals on the rally.

2.00pm First cars begin to arrive back at SPERRYVILLE.

3.30pm/4pm Announce winner and enjoy some fellowship before heading home.

I'm sure I can provide discount coupons for those who want to eat at the BURGER BARN (Best BURGER in the Greater DC AREA -- as recognized by GOURMET FOOD MAG and the WASHINGTONIAN MAG) but everyone would be welcome to bring their own picnic if they so wished.

Other than that -- if anyone has any questions PM me. To get an idea of the number interested please indicate on this thread if you think may attend. :wone:

·
Ride The Dragon!
304 Posts
You can count another 'squid' over here! (assuming that something doesn't come up for the n'th time... :rolleyes: )

-Paul!

·
Ride The Dragon!
304 Posts
You never heard of the Famous Washington DC Potomac Shipyard?! :eek: Oh, wait, there isn't one... :D

But I was on a direct support tour in Spain for 3.5 years! Rode a LHA and a DDG for 6 months each, a LSD for a month, 4 688(I)s for a month each, and a bunch of smaller trips on various vessels.

And just to be on topic, count me in! (Oh wait, I already said that... :) )

-Paul!

·
Registered
40 Posts
you can count karen and richard in for this one sounds good :D

·
1TYB1TY_MINI
15 Posts
I would LOVE to come to this (especially since I can't make it to the "Unnamed Run"). And besides, scavenger hunts are so much fun! :) :dark: (But please, please, please don't have this the weekend of Oct. 9th!!!!!! Thanks! ;))

·
Registered
23 Posts
We came across Sunnyside Farm in Sperryville quite by accident a few years ago. It is a wonderful place. I didn't recognize the name, but Pat did and told me what it was. The only trouble with this trek is going to be tearing ourselves away from the store! :green: :D :D :D :D Cinda

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Date

I'm going to set a date for this within the next 10 days. Unfortunately - Melita - Saturday the 9th of October is high on my list of possible days. My own schedule is packed right now and I don't have a lot of alternatives -- especially with additional responsibilities that I'm taking on in September at Blue Ridge School in Greene County. :wone:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Date

I have to confirm arrangements tomorrow but right now the date for the "Blue Ridge Rally" will be October 9th (Sorry again Melita - my schedule is packed - you could always do the run on another day -- I'll keep a set of directions for you) I'll post a more detailed agenda later in the week -- please mark your calendars these kinds of events are usually a lot of fun. By that time the leaves should also be changing so the drive should be very colorful. :wone:

·
Stella's Sugar Daddy :)~
234 Posts
Cool - I think I will be in port. Now, I'll do yours, and then I'll have a "fresher" reference for doing the one for the HR area....

Looking forward to it... although I wish it was on a Sunday for a buddy of mine to attend.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sounds like a lot of fun, and I think Oct. 9 is a free weekend for me. I'm putting it on my calander today!

·
A mighty Mini good time
200 Posts
Sounds like Hubby and I are in, too. I think that we'll leave George at home though - don't want to make him car sick with the drive, lol! While he had a good time at the vineyard, this is a trip for us to have alone. :)

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
64 Replies
18 Participants
Ddraig
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing