MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Look Ma I'm flying!!
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished installing a HCB 30 Sony Ericsson Blue tooth Handsfree car kit to my new MCS Convertible. All seemed to go pretty straight forward. I can confirm that the new 05 Boost unit wiring is as the wiring in the FAQ for phone installs so the instructions are still valid and very helpful.

As my car has the HK as well, I was forced to use a seperate loudspeaker for the Car kit however the Radio Mute functions when connected to the Mute pin (10 iirc) and "phone" appears in the display without the need for the extra bit od circuitry described in the FAQ.

If anyone has any more questions ask away, also I took some pictures of the head unit whilst it was out so I could refer back to part numbers and pin layouts if required.

Cheers, Peter

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sounds great...how do you answer the phone? Is it possible to use the MFSW at all for this?

Any pics of the insall would be great!

Thanks

·
Look Ma I'm flying!!
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I look forward to the HCB 300 as well, much easier to switch between phones.
The Multifunction steering wheel does not seem to interface with the phone however the Sony Ericsson button is really easy to use, looks really good (especially when lit up blue at night). I can't remember off hand if you can programme voice answer on this system, I'll look into it when i get a chance.

Cheers, Peter

·
Registered
122 Posts
Does look really useful, albeit slightly expensive. Does the HCB-30 work with the HK w/CD-boot changer? And, as far as I can tell, (someone correct me if I'm wrong :) ) it'll work with any Bluetooth phone which supports the headset profile.

·
Look Ma I'm flying!!
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Expensive? I paid £80 for the kit (shop soiled from expansys) £110ish for the real thing. It should work with any Bluetooth phone, the only issue with HK is that you cannot use the car speakers as the require a pre amp signal. I installed the Sony Speaker under the toggle switches and connected the Mute wire so the stereo automatically mutes when you make or receive a call. The stereo evn displays "phone" when a call is in progress.

Cheers, Peter

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hey,

Just to let you know, I've got the same kit with HK. Mikey the Mini did a kit that linked it in with the HK brilliant!

Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
xnetco
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing