MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
thewhitestuff
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, anyone with a mini one with bluefin recorded their 0-60 times? I haven't seen any threads or posts on this before, I'm guessing it to be around the 8's? I heard somewhere it gets into Fiesta ST territory which isn't something to yell about too much as their performance is a bit poop for what they are. But yeh I've read about cooper times getting to low 8's so what do you think a bluefinned one can achieve with the aids of a cat-back exhaust, and carbon fiber enclosed intake? It does produce morep ower than the standard cooper but I heard the gear ratios are longer in the one. I'm hoping in the low 8's also, is 8 seconds flat dreaming a bit too much? Cheers

·
CORSA VXR SLAYER
63 Posts
I have had the bluefin on my One for around 18 months now and if anything the car seems to feel faster over time. I have driven a standard 115bhp cooper and it is definitely quicker than that, infact i have had numerous traffic light moments with cooper owners who obviously think mine is a standard one and the look on their faces when i take off is quite hilarious...anyway, with regard to the 0-60 time i tested mine a while back and got it down to 8.2 secs and that was with 2 people in the car so with just one in you might just achieve 8.0 dead. The difference over standard is massive to be honest, although the power only really kicks in over 4000rpm and especially over 5000rpm. My average fuel consumption over 3000 miles has been 32.4mpg which to be honest is about the same as it was before it was re-mapped, although i do give it a bit of welly quite often. I do believe the gear ratios in the one as slightly longer than the cooper but when the blufin is fitted this works to the ones advantage as 2nd gear lasts a tad longer :)

The bluefin is definitely the best mods i have bought for my MINI and i highly recommend it to anyone who currently has a one.

Hope this helps

Rob

·
Registered
208 Posts
I timed my ONE at 8.8s with Bluefin, before that it was about 10.2s 0-60. Tbh the difference is massive from standard but i think ive got used to the extra power because i don't seem to notice the kick as much. Im getting it dyno'd in a few weeks so i'll post what BHP its putting out with the bluefin

·
BBMC 003
972 Posts
Hi, anyone with a mini one with bluefin recorded their 0-60 times? I haven't seen any threads or posts on this before, I'm guessing it to be around the 8's? I heard somewhere it gets into Fiesta ST territory which isn't something to yell about too much as their performance is a bit poop for what they are. But yeh I've read about cooper times getting to low 8's so what do you think a bluefinned one can achieve with the aids of a cat-back exhaust, and carbon fiber enclosed intake? It does produce morep ower than the standard cooper but I heard the gear ratios are longer in the one. I'm hoping in the low 8's also, is 8 seconds flat dreaming a bit too much? Cheers
I've got one and I've managed about 9. Don't forget the One and Cooper have same engine, difference being the electronic restriction (which the Bluefin, in effect, cancels out). Go to Superchips website and note the facts...

One: Standard 90bhp + 33bhp = 123bhp
Cooper: Standard 115bhp + 8bhp = 123bhp

Both end up exactly the same as it's same engine, the Cooper was marketed as the lightly racier version of the 'City Car' One, and has slightly different gear ratios and higher top speed, Bluefin gives you great acceleration but should be exactly the same as a Cooper up to 115mph, where the One just won't go any further and the Cooper will.
I mean come on if the One and Cooper were exactly the same except for an electronic restriction do you REALLY think they would sell ANY Coopers at all? ;)

·
thewhitestuff
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
9 seconds! I think you might have been timing wrong or not driving it properly because I've managed mid 9's in my standard (bar cat-back) One and my friends 1.4 16v Clio does 9. Also about the top speed, the 115mph is a bit of horse poop because I've managed higher, a fair amount higher. Figures on paper aren't always set in stone for the car...when it comes to the lower-powered cars anyway

·
BBMC 003
972 Posts
9 seconds! I think you might have been timing wrong or not driving it properly because I've managed mid 9's in my standard (bar cat-back) One and my friends 1.4 16v Clio does 9. Also about the top speed, the 115mph is a bit of horse poop because I've managed higher, a fair amount higher
So what exactly do you have done to your One? Because I'm pretty sure the gears top out at 115ish, I'd love to know how much higher you've had it?

·
thewhitestuff
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've just got Playmini Slashcut Cat-back and I think I had my Pipercross open cone on at the time but not anymore due to the rise in temporature and heat soak etc. I'm looking to buy a BMC CDA enclosed intake after the Bluefin which I'm buying next week :D

·
Registered
208 Posts
100mph is 4k revs in 5th gear in mine, so i dont know what the top speed will be... for those of you that want to know it was on private land on which this speed was achived

·
thewhitestuff
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well the speed i managed was done in 4th gear, I think it could top out in 4th. That was from using every gear upto about 6k revs from 2nd

·
Registered
208 Posts
Really? Mines deffinatley 100mph at 4k so how come my gearing differs so much? I'm only changing into 4th gear at about 90mph. At 100 its still willing to keep on accelerating

·
thewhitestuff
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
think theres something wrong with yours sam :p you buying an exhaust at all in the future? Because as I've said managed 120 with cat-back and open cone in a non-bluefinned one

·
BBMC 003
972 Posts
think theres something wrong with yours sam :p you buying an exhaust at all in the future? Because as I've said managed 120 with cat-back and open cone in a non-bluefinned one
Don't know yet as university is on the cards and to be honest I'm currently unsure as to what will happen to the Mini when I go. If I can take it with me, then yes it probably will be on the cards, but as for now it's staying relatively as it is...do any of the other people who've posted here have an exhaust or anything? Knowing other's mods would be useful please?

·
Miss Independent
791 Posts
Ive had 125mph indicated in my Cooper, could of got more but i had to slow for a corner.

Also is quite largely affected by slopes. My sisters Astra 1.8 tops out at 110 on a flat road yet can get 115 plus on a downward slope.

·
Miss Independent
791 Posts
I just still dont understand that, I'm bluefinned AND have a cold air feed leading to Pipercross induction, I've still had only 115 :confused::confused::confused:

Weeman has a facelift ONE with slightly different gearing which could be the difference.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts