MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi..... i am looking to buy a Bluefin for my One...... just wondering, if i bought one from ebay that was meant for another vehicle..... i.e focus ST..... then i have it reset for my Mini...... or are the connections likely to be different

·
R.I.P MINI2
17,651 Posts
The Bluefin handset is the same for all models, but the information is model-specific.

Bluefin is a one-time-only gig, so it's only worth buying a second-hand unit if it works out cheaper to do that and then have it reset by Superchips than to buy a new one specifically for the MINI, that's assuming Superchips will even upload the software for a MINI onto a handset originally supplied for a Focus ST of course.

Don't assume they will. Ask first. Otherwise all you will have is an expensive and useless handset.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi there

I was wandering about the same thing and i looked into it. You need to buy a bluefin that was originally for a mini and no other car. But if you do buy it there policy is they do not re-set them like previously, however they will supply you with a brand new bluefin chip for £216. So if you can get a bargain or ebay them it could work out cheaper for you as the lowest quotes for a new unit that i got were £270.
Hope this helps

·
heavy foot = light wallet
453 Posts
buy it new. i bought one from the classifieds off mini2 and got ripped off by pimpedmini. paid 160 for it as he said it had been reprogrammed. although it was cheap it wasnt so cheap that i was worried until i got it and i found out it had been used.

pimpedmini was an absolute d*£% head about the whole thing and refused to refund me and both paypal and my bank said they couldnt help me.

so buy new as you dont know what sort of slimeball your dealing with.

still pretty angry about the whole thing!!!

·
Miss Independent
791 Posts
buy it new. i bought one from the classifieds off mini2 and got ripped off by pimpedmini. paid 160 for it as he said it had been reprogrammed. although it was cheap it wasnt so cheap that i was worried until i got it and i found out it had been used.

pimpedmini was an absolute d*£% head about the whole thing and refused to refund me and both paypal and my bank said they couldnt help me.

so buy new as you dont know what sort of slimeball your dealing with.

still pretty angry about the whole thing!!!
Sorry to hear that!

I tried to buy some S Spokes from the same person, we sealed a deal and havent heard anything since.

With regards to the bluefin, someone is trying to set up a bluefin group buy so check that out.

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Guys, sorry to hear this. I am heading over to the classified section now to see if he has anything else out there. I think that he needs to be removed.

·
453 Posts
as i have already paid the 160 and have no way of getting my money back i am gonna send it back to superchips to get reprogrammed. gutted that the cost of the unit and the reprogramme will cost me more than a brand new unit.

oh well you live and learn lol

yeah removing his adds would be great. imo he should be kicked off the forum or better yet kicked in the head

·
Miss Independent
791 Posts
Hes been banned now.

If you havent got the original receipt from pimpedmini Superchips will just sell you a new unit at a discounted price. (what i was told when i looked at getting one reset)

·
453 Posts
thanks for your help :) i have got the receipt so i will give them a call and see what they say, it was purchased in 2006 for a mini one, thats what it says on the receipt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts