MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
everywhere on the forums i see people always saying bluefin and that you should get it as a first mod,
i was wondering what exactly is this?

thanks

·
dyno-mite, might not....
1,037 Posts
everywhere on the forums i see people always saying bluefin and that you should get it as a first mod,
i was wondering what exactly is this?

thanks
simple mini one = yes :D
cooper s = no, not maybe, but big fat no ;)

your mini one is handicaped into thinking its not a cooper, but it is a real cooper, honest it really is
just that computer says no.... but with a blue fin, computer says yes :biggrin:

with an "s" the car knows it is an "s" already so
the bluefin says is " i know your an s, but try harder at being a better s, :puzzled:
so not much changes, apart from your wallet getting lighter

if anyone tells you any more than this, they are just trying to blind you with science :nice:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"The Bluefin is a handheld module that plugs into your MINI and remaps the engine for greater performance. "

where does it plug in?

·
a.k.a. BrainRush
160 Posts
the OBDII port, it's located (on a left had drive car) below the dash above the dead pedal

·
Registered
96 Posts
what about a Mini cooper, this is not mentioned, how good is it on a Mini Cooper?
Will it help after mods such as an air filter or an exhaust? Or can you do it any time before or after mods?

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
Cooper makes a bit of a difference, not as much as the One though.,...on the S its a waste of £££ and can be bad for engine, just ask bigshow!

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
Like said, on cooper and one it can be, on the S no

·
IJ 2009 - Team 81
3,223 Posts
I have looked into this for the Cooper, and have decided again and again that it's not worth it. The official increase is 8bhp, which for the price isn't a lot. Certainly not worth replacing my JCW map for. It's an instant kick in the pants for the ONE, which as mentioned is a de tuned Cooper, but for the other models I wouldn't bother. There are not many people around that have one on their Coopers.

Not a fan of the one map fits all thing either.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Its also the case that unless you drive it at more than 4000 rpm you wont notice the difference.

Seperate question >>>>do the ONE ( without ECU re map )and Cooper respond in the same way below 40000.?
In other words do you need to drive a cooper at or above 4000 rpm to feel a difference between it and a ONE

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
They didn't when I test drove them before picking to order a Cooper years back, not sure on the post facelifts though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts