MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to get the bluetooth connection to work, I have tried as it said in the manual with no success :(.
I have got the sat nav and the centre armrest with the MFSW, I have tried putting the ignition key in & turning one click to turn on nav & radio, select telephone on nav screen, then it goes to activate phone' I then press & hold the button in the centre console for three seconds then turn the the key to ignition holding the button down for a further three seconds, on release according to the book it should say "BLUETOOTH PAIRING" but I get nothing, I have tried it different ways pressing the phone buttons on the steering wheel so it says activate phone in nav screen & on radio, but nothing happens, I have tried bluetooth searching with both phones (his & her's) to try & find the mini but nothing seems to work, the phones are nokia 6021 & sony w580i.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for the quick reply.
The car is a cooper s auto may 2006, it says on the spec sheet from mini, bluetooth telephone preparation.

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
That means that it has the harness but does not mean that the $1200 module was installed. You may not have it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So whats the point in putting in all the buttons on the steering wheel for the phone, display on sat nav & radio plus the booklet & passkey, leading me to think this function is operational :puzzled:.

If I buy a salt & pepper pot from a shop for £5 I don't expect the shop keeper to say there are no holes in them so before you can use them for salt & pepper you will have nip round to our workshop and get a few holes drilled in at a cost of another fiver.

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
To make it easier to fit later if you decide that you want it. If none of that was there, you would have to have that all retro fitted. Many things are fitted and ready to go. It cuts the cost to manufacture only one or two styles or steering wheel rather than 5 or 6.

If you want it, you will need to buy it

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I would still have a passkey even if the module is not fitted :confused:
I would have thought you would not get the passkey until the module was installed, a bit like having a radio code but no radio eh!, if that's how it works, or is the same passkey number generic to all bluetooth modules on the mini.

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
If you have a passkey, it is possible that it is fitted. However, seeing as I didn't buy the car, I don't know. All I am telling you is that the harness and the controls are fitted on most MINIs so you can't tell from that. Take your key to MINI and see if they can tell if it is fitted. If it is, there is clearly a problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We had a similar problem to start with we found not all phones are compatible with the MINI bluetooth my Samsung Tocco connects but doesn't transfer the contacts and it syncs in and syncs out rather annoying. Where as my B/F Iphone 3G connects transfers contacts and works all the time.

Might be worth trying to find out if your phones are compatible i think there is a BMW forum which you can have a look at but cant remember the site at the moment.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there,
Many years since this message.....
The thing is that I've exactly same problem do you remember how did you solved it please?
Maybe the module is broken....
Thanks
Luis

1 - 11 of 11 Posts