MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
You gotta love the toys!!
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Having tried some cheap (and not great) Bluetooth streaming USB sticks via aux I finally decided to try something a bit more permanent and bought one of these:

Bluetooth Handsfree A2DP USB SD AUX CD Changer Adapter Interface Car Kit For MINI Cooper R50 R52 R53 Boost Radio https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XXX9QRM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_WpyACbPESAVNE

Was sceptical but it is actually very good. Easy to fit and both music and phone quality are impressive. Nice touch that you can balance the volume to match the radio.

I mounted the main box in the glovebox, put the mic next to the rev counter and cable tied all the loose stuff behind the dash. Only complication was figuring out the adapter box needs to get stashed above the head unit as there's no room below.

/R

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
818 Posts
I have one and it’s great, there’s a cheaper Bluetooth only version if all you want is BT music streaming.

·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Decided to splash out for the hands free - now Android Auto works brilliantly as sat nav, music and phone. Super happy for £50.

·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgot to mention that it utilises the steering wheel buttons to fwd/rev a track or pickup/hangup the phone.

/R

1 - 7 of 7 Posts