MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Toot toot, honk honk!!
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the tape player head unit in my mini that is connected to the BMW fitted multi disc changer in the boot. I would like a headunit that will still hook up to my changer but have bluetooth as im sick of having to keep my BT headset charged up.

Im not that bothered about extra features but I suppose if I could connect an MP3 player/Ipod that would be beneficial but im after the cheapest option to get bluetooth & my multi changer working!

Thanks

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
I have a parrot 3200 bluetooth kit, which has an aux in that runs a denison ICE link for Ipod. This runs through my OEM single slot CD player in the S. All fitted by ThinkMINI/Auto-tech-solutions. Works great, all hidden away inside and under the dash only visable wire runs up the joint in the dash beside the steering wheel and goes to the bluetooth control mounted on a speedo clock bracket. You could use a bracket on the other side for the Ipod mount (mines under the dash though hidden). All parts supplied by newministuff

Reactions: Richard82

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
You can add any of the range of parrot bluetooth kits - we sell them all as plug & play kits so easy to fit & you keep your existing audio
NewMINIStuff.com
If your phone has bluetooth audio streeming then the parrot 6100 will also play music from your phone through the stereo

Or there is the new IO kits - I will be adding these to my site later - we have just had a delivery

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Just been playing with the IO - its very good.
Its a bluetooth kit for phones but also has bluetooth audio streeming, so if your phone has this then great
If not then we do a bluetooth dongle that you can plug into your ipod so then your ipod is controlled wireless from the IO controller. The system has a 4*15watt RMS amplifier so will sound better than your factory stereo - & we are packaging it with a plug & play loom

·
Toot toot, honk honk!!
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just been playing with the IO - its very good.
Its a bluetooth kit for phones but also has bluetooth audio streeming, so if your phone has this then great
If not then we do a bluetooth dongle that you can plug into your ipod so then your ipod is controlled wireless from the IO controller. The system has a 4*15watt RMS amplifier so will sound better than your factory stereo - & we are packaging it with a plug & play loom
Cheers for the info Mikey, do you have a link to it on your site please?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts