MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Cooper cabriolet
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I have been told my Bluetooth module needs changing and I was wondering if anyone would know can I buy a second hand one and just plug it in?
Will it need reprogrammed to mate up with my car or is it plug and play?
My car is a 2009 Cooper Cabriolet!
Any advice welcome!

·
Premium Member
2008 Mini Cooper S hatchback,Automatic,Mello Yellow
1,018 Posts
Here's one just get the international area code online of the U.S. either way it's an idea!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone,
I have been told my Bluetooth module needs changing and I was wondering if anyone would know can I buy a second hand one and just plug it in?
Will it need reprogrammed to mate up with my car or is it plug and play?
My car is a 2009 Cooper Cabriolet!
Any advice welcome!
Hello,
I’ve just discovered that my Bluetooth module is missing from my r55 2009 clubman Cooper s. Did you get an answer to your question?

·
Registered
2009 R56 Cooper S
47 Posts
Hi guys. I've ordered a replacement for mine. In UK based.

I'll let you know if it works without programming or even at all.

·
Registered
10,061 Posts
This is what I don't understand. If my unit is broken and not working, if I swap like for like why will it have to be programmed to work?
because the makers add code to it different for every car bit like having a safe to put your money in they say its to prevent car theft , where we all know reality its about forcing car owner out of money with their poor made crap that breaks , ie they code all the ecu's and keys radio bluetooth etc so cannot be used on any other car than the one its coded to

·
Registered
2009 R56 Cooper S
47 Posts
Well just because I had a few minutes and a spare MULF2 unit, I swapped them.

Don't work.

Checked red glow from both units and they both glow. So yep, looks like coding is the way forward.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts