MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2015 mini cooler paceman (I know it’s not the countryman but I was told they are similar and there isn’t a forum page for them) and the Bluetooth isn’t working. When I go to telephone display screen it just searches and searches for a phone. I’ve tried to check in the Bluetooth box option (shown in the photos) but it never checks it. I was wondering if it’s a software issue so I went in to the bmw site to check for a software update but there isn’t any. How can I fix this problem? I also checked my fuse box and none of the fuses have blown.

·
Premium Member
2008 Mini Cooper S hatchback,Automatic,Mello Yellow
876 Posts
First thing I would do is check under the drivers seat for the bluetooth module box. Hopefully it came with one or someone might of took it; if it was bought used.
Of Course I have the older model R56 and that was where the bluetooth module was located on that year. 2008

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First thing I would do is check under the drivers seat for the bluetooth module box. Hopefully it came with one or someone might of took it; if it was bought used.
Of Course I have the older model R56 and that was where the bluetooth module was located on that year. 2008

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So i checked and there isn’t any. I don’t know much about cars so how can I check if there’s supposed to be one? Like is there a blue print or something haha

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
What I did was buy the mini cooper book for my year. The Say's "MINI COOPER Service manual". And has a extensive electrical section covering everything.
I also browsed "ECS Tuning.com" In the interior electrical department. At the time ECS had an extensive electrical department. And there products they carried were the bluetooth module; with the IPHONE jacks and a hub control module for that bluetooth module.
Then I looked under my drivers seat and found I had no bluetooth.
Maybe yours is different. Technology exceeded by leaps and bounds between the R56 from my year and yours. But it is still worth a look. To see what parts are offered for your Mini out there!

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
ECS tuning used to have full kits for the 2nd gen R56's. They also used to sell the filiment for the stereo head unit. You know how the lights would dim. Mine never suffered completely of that, but it does get a little faded. I should of stocked up on those filiment led panel things.
You have probably seen something like it before. It has one of those connections like you would see if you took a laptop apart and slid out the display connection or mouse connection...etc!:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts