MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just bought a 2007 R56 Cooper D which has DAB, MFSW but no Bluetooth :( There is a 3.5mm Aux socket but no USB

I want to install a Bluetooth unit that gives handsfree phone calls but I'm not really bothered about music streaming, although an SD card socket and/or USB input would be handy. Something that gives OEM appearance & functionality, ie working MFSW and preferably no display unit fitted to the dashboard is what I'm looking for.

I see a few factory bluetooth modules for sale on ebay, but none of these are sold with connection cables to the head unit. Would one of these be a straightforward installation, or would an aftermarket unit be a better option?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2008 Mini Cooper S hatchback,Automatic,Mello Yellow
1,018 Posts
This is the first step to installing a usb.
there is still a cable you'll need to complete this.
Then you'll need a bluetooth module.
clearly you can see you would have to go to a junkyard and attempt to render these items for cheaper. or NOT!
Here is an affordable alternative. for pairing things up.
And if you are advantageous
This whole system seems to be pretty solid and a clean all around better way of doing things in my opinion.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for these links.
Do you have any information on the connecting leads required between the Bluetooth module & the head unit please?

·
Registered
2008 Mini Cooper S hatchback,Automatic,Mello Yellow
1,018 Posts
Thanks for these links.
Do you have any information on the connecting leads required between the Bluetooth module & the head unit please?
Forgot another module if you wanted to do things correct.
There might be one module invovled a main controller that the Bluetooth itself gets plugged into. I need to think about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts