MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just after picking someones brains if they could name me a few BMW approved exhaust systems that are not all too expensive

ta!

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
Only if you have a chest to pin it on :p

Back on topic - The Miltek catback system (for the 2002-06) Cooper S is very highly regarded by quite a few people on here. Nice an quiet most of the time, with a nice bark when you open it up. Its not BMW approved, but its a good aftermarket option.

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
I don't think that I have heard of an after market option voiding a warranty in the UK. Any thoughts on this minicabrio.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
I don't think that I have heard of an after market option voiding a warranty in the UK. Any thoughts on this minicabrio.
No it won't void warranty, but some insurance companies demand that its approved parts or the car is classed as modified;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
good spot, it is indeed an issue of insurance.

My insurance company (Direct Line) will not cover me with any modicfications due to being under 25. However they were willing to bend the rules a little if it was a BMW approved component.

Looks like i am just going to have to do ALOT of riniging around and hunt out a new insurance company to go with! :(

·
Registered
460 Posts
adrian flux have always given me good quotes being a you chap in a modded mini, also if you have a years no claims the greenlight are also very good providing your over 21 for green light

·
PowerSteeringPumpActivist
8,410 Posts
good spot, it is indeed an issue of insurance.

My insurance company (Direct Line) will not cover me with any modicfications due to being under 25. However they were willing to bend the rules a little if it was a BMW approved component.

Looks like i am just going to have to do ALOT of riniging around and hunt out a new insurance company to go with! :(
Adrian Flux (the insurer covering my car) and Greenlight are modification-friendly insurers. Just as long as you declare everything and pay your dues, you'll be fine. :)

·
Turbo Schmurbo...
822 Posts
adrian flux have always given me good quotes being a you chap in a modded mini, also if you have a years no claims the greenlight are also very good providing your over 21 for green light
Ditto I have all my mods declared (and covered for loss) through adrian flux. Have a look in the insurance forum my insurance was very competitive.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Thought the thread would be about exhausts but it seems to be about insurance :confused:

Keep on topic guys ;)
Both connected, please read the entire thread before posting, as it says in the site guidelines:p

Started out asking about approved exhausts, the reason was not know, so was one of two things - warranty or insurance, turned out to be the second one. As there are no other approved exhausts other than the BMW/MINI supplied ones then moved onto insurance as if you can't get the part to please the insurance company, then switch the insurance company;)

Blardy newbies:rolleyes::p

·
50 PMs no sig group
22,285 Posts
Both connected, please read the entire thread before posting, as it says in the site guidelines:p

Started out asking about approved exhausts, the reason was not know, so was one of two things - warranty or insurance, turned out to be the second one. As there are no other approved exhausts other than the BMW/MINI supplied ones then moved onto insurance as if you can't get the part to please the insurance company, then switch the insurance company;)

Blardy newbies:rolleyes::p
Yes I had been following the thread from the beginning .... it's still gone off topic ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
haha, yeah sorry, it was abit of a mix mash topic....sorry :redface:

Bell have come tops and after adding my mummy (Although theres no way im actually going to hand her the key) i have managed to get an ever so slighty cheaper quote!

Thanks bell ;)

And thanks to everyone for the advice! :D

·
PowerSteeringPumpActivist
8,410 Posts
haha, yeah sorry, it was abit of a mix mash topic....sorry :redface:

Bell have come tops and after adding my mummy (Although theres no way im actually going to hand her the key) i have managed to get an ever so slighty cheaper quote!

Thanks bell ;)

And thanks to everyone for the advice! :D
Uh... when you say you added her...

You're not insured as a secondary driver on your Mum's insurance are you? That's called 'fronting' and will invalidate your insurance, as well as being illegal. Not a good plan.

Same by adding her onto the policy if she's never going to drive it. If the insurer thinks she's going to be driving the car half the time, then they might feel the car is at less risk than if you drive it all of the time. Again, this is something that will invalidate your insurance if it ever comes to light.

It really is best to be completely honest with insurers - it'll all end in tears if you're not.

All the best,
Andrew.​

1 - 20 of 22 Posts