MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
*Merry Prankster*
20,778 Posts
what else is there to say :confused:
errrrr......FOMCL? :D

Kids, don't do drugs, its not big and its not clever;)
But it is amusing ;)

of all the things to worry about in the world, MINI going bust ranks up there with what colour gemma painted carlos' toenails, at least in my book.
Burnt Raspberry this week, although she promises something a little less tarty next week ;) :D

<---------------still chuckling at the title of this thread. I sniff Troll. :hmph:

·
*Merry Prankster*
20,778 Posts
i did hear that if business doesnt pick up for MINI then the company may be 'going on the market'
Who did you hear this from? Can you qualify the statement? Was it someone from the upper echelons of BMW's management team? What are the criteria for "business picking up"? To what timelines are BMW working?

How come *you* know this, but the press haven't got whiff of it yet?

:confused:

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Although I'd pay good money to see someone attempting to eat a Dunlop tyre:D, but on a serious note... eventhough Mini sales have fallen over the past few months, they're still doing far better than most other car manufacturers. I'm guessing that Mini'll be one of the last to fold - certainly at the minute with it's fan base, and appealing to all age groups and budgets!

Also I think they'd be cancelling MiniUnited before the company folded, don't you?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
what a load of baloni.

BMW Mini going bust, next your gonna say Ferrari are doing 0% dpeosit and 0% finance to try and shift some cars as there desperate to sell them, oh wait a minute, thats vauxhall.

Probably THE safest car manufacturer out there is MINI.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bust?

This is utter rubbish,
A year to wait for delivery of an MCS ? no way jose.
your friend was told by whom? the Vauxhall dealer? did your friend just happen to ask about Mini in a Vauxhall dealership?
Maybe the dealer offered your friend a big discount (compared to Mini ) on a new model Corsa?
If so she will still be worse off with because they shed (sic) value in the first 3 years in a similar fashion to that of a Mini........in more than 6 years
A,B or C

A) Your friend wanted a Corsa because the price difference seemed very attractive at the time.
B) Your friend actually told the Vauxhall dealer that she was thinking of buying a Mini and the Vauxhall dealer "played a blinder"
C ......Trolling

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Can't see BMW going bust. They're one of the largest manufacturers going, and I reckon the German government would buy bmw well before it went bust!

·
ECMC Addict
801 Posts
BMW to my knowledge arent even making a loss let alone going skint. Many dealerships are though. In my local area 4 out of 12 dealers have shut in the last 6 months and even the local Ford dealerships have gone from 3 to 1 and thats in Essex!

Industry insiders forecast that up to 20% of Main dealers may cease trading during 2009 that should reduce our chances of haggling

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think you will find that BMW are not making any more minis, this is to starve the market, and keep the second hand prices from falling any more, they reckon that this will last for around 6 months, then the demand will be high again, and prices will go up,

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
Who did you hear this from? Can you qualify the statement? Was it someone from the upper echelons of BMW's management team? What are the criteria for "business picking up"? To what timelines are BMW working?

How come *you* know this, but the press haven't got whiff of it yet?

:rolleyes:
no need for the 3rd degree dude - just stating what i have heard from a dealer...like other people have.
:puzzled:

·
Range Rover SDV8!
Range Rover L405 SDV8 Autobiography
5,154 Posts
Now she is not getting her MCS and is going for a new Corsa.[/I]
The irony of that decision is absolutely staggering! :eek: :rolleyes:

Good luck with any future claims under the Vauxhall warranty!

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
all existing mini's are going to be re-patriated to the fatherland & used to fuel german power stations. BMW's famous headquarters is going to retract underground like a thunderbirds station & wait until the world needs them again

21 - 40 of 58 Posts