MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had experience with BMW MINI's own insurance?

Were they cheaper than other quotes?
Any other interesting points on this?

Andy

·
Registered
95 Posts
My dealer told me they were offering good deals, but when I actually got my car I ended up staying with Churchill who were quoting 40% of the MINI quote.

Incidentally, AXA didn't have MINI listed at all?!

Insurance on MINI's seems to be a bit of a lottery at the moment! Good luck in finding a decent quote..

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used Endsleigh 17-40 for this years car, they were open to haggling and I knocked £200 off their original quote.
I think I'll give them a try for my S otherwise Elephant are the next best bet.

Andy

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
I ended up getting MINI Insurance as it was the cheapest quote for me.

Their insurance is done through the same people as Direct Line and I ended up playing them off against MINI (in effect, competing directly with themselves).

I wouldn't write them off completely, just get several cheaper quotes and ring them back and see what happens, you may be suprised!

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
I'll more than likely get my Insurance with ADMIRAL, BELL DIRECT or ELEPHANT.CO.UK :)

it also helps when you work for them (there all part of the same company) and get a 20% DISCOUNT :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
MINI insurance quoted me £477, so I called my own Insurance Co. AXA and they quoted me about £100 less, and this keeps all my no-claims info up to date....no claims protection.. and so on:D so I stook with 'em.

PS I also have business mileage on my insurance as I am using the Cooper as a company car;)

·
Registered
546 Posts
No Claims Discount

Is fully transferable from one insurer to another, as is NCD protection (although not all insurers offer this option).

If you use a direct insurer or telebroker, make sure you keep a record of your previous insurer's policy number and address. Some of these outfits don't bother checking NCD proof at policy inception so they don't issue proper NCD proof if you move away at next renewal.

Others may expect you to prove your NCD entitlement before they settle a claim.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts