MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, so publicly they've clammed up and aren't going to admit that there's anything wrong.

But behind the scenes, they've been running round all their suppliers and giving them absolute hell over quality issues - they were strict when tenders were placed a few years ago, stricter when production started, and right now they're going over everything again, tightening up specs and quality control standards. Even with copmponents where no problems are known to exist (but heck, with the complicated electronics, anything *could* be to blame for the ECUs wigging out).

So they clearly realsie that there are problems, and the honeymoon with the press might be coming to an end. Whether the current activity levels bear any fruit is another matter ....

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Trying to decide whether you have finished what you were saying.....oh wait a minute.........clear should read "claim". Now I get it ...sorry.

Frankly, I don't blame them for staying quiet. The perception is that the New MINI is a small, quality car made by BMW AG. They need to keep 90% of the people happy 10% of the time. It wasn't till I got the dealer involved that BMW Australia decided to talk to me at all about the problems.

If it wasn't for this site, I wouldn't know what the problems were, forearmed is forwarned.

I'm pleased to hear that BMW AG are franticly trying to sort the problems out. I think we interprete their silence as arrogance & ignorrance. I doub't in reality this is the case. As you have borne out above.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts