MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After seeing lots of pics with the body color grill, I am still not sold on it. So here are a couple of questions:

Will the chrome Cooper grill fit an 'S'? concerned over the curvature of the hood.

Will the black honeycomb grill from the UK option brochure look better on a yellow/black 'S'?

Baldie - I can no long see the images on your website with the option brochure
http://www.dave.mcrae.btinternet.co.uk/accbrochure.htm
Can you repost please!

Decisions, decisions!

·
Registered
120 Posts
"Will the chrome Cooper grill fit an 'S'? concerned over the curvature of the hood."

You may not need to worry about changing out the grill in order to get chrome on an S. My dealer says they will chrome the grill in their shop as an option.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Baldie's Accessories Brochure

An_S_4_Me is correct about the jpeg extension being the cause--needs to be CAPITOL. I e-mailed Baldie about this a month ago but don't know if he receive it. Maybe an easier way to view the brochure is to go to the parent directory:
www.dave.mcrae.btinternet.co.uk/images/

Then you can select the full size picture to start with.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help! For those who are wondering, here is the black grill.

What do you think, too 80's-ish? Still think this grill with yellow 'S' and black top would be oh so nice. And there I was not wanting stripes so I would not attract attention!:D

Dealer chroming the grill?!?!? I bet they just swap it out.

See ya!

Attachments

·
Registered
783 Posts
I prefer the mesh grill to the body-color grille. I don't like the black grill surround, though. The carshow picture of the kitted BRG Cooper, seemed like the grill surround was body-color, not black, and I thought that looked fantastic. A mesh grill, upper and lower, with either a chrome or body-color surround would be great, regardless of the car's color. The Cooper grille is actually chromed, and not stainless?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Now how about a chromed/stainless mesh grill? Now I'd buy that ...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just as a note, there is a difference between the standard chrome grille and the S grille (at least by every pic thus far released).
The Cooper grille has 4 slats vs. the S which has 3 slightly bolder slats.

Having taken a close look at the Cooper's grille, b/c I'm already contemplating the swap, it looks more vertical than pictures suggest. I believe the standard grille and the S grille *will* be interchangeable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts