MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a MC on order, it should be being built more or less now, and is due at the dealers on Friday, when they are going to fit the BMW Aero Kit. It's Pure Silver, so my question is this....Are the parts of the front spoiler around the foglights going to be black or silver, as I've seen pics where they are body colour, or they are black to match the grill. It doesn't really bother me which, I'm just wondering which one I'll get.

Cheers,
Martin.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Are you ready for this, the black stickers are £40 a pair.

Would be interested in seeing a pic when its fitted , especially if you are having the Aero Spoiler too.

Have a pure silver myself and the aero looks great, still toying with the idea of painting the outer edge of the black radiator grille and the one below it pure silver.

Thanks

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Sorry silver_mini, the roof's black, so I'm afraid that you can't have my spoiler :( . Now another question: as now I have the answer to one question, you've all raised another. What's the difference between the aerokit spolier, and the stock spoiler that comes with the CHILI pack? Plus am I even getting one? I'm paying £1,200 (including fitting) for what the invoice calls 'Mini Body Kit Comp' so I would assume now I'm aware of it that I am due to the price. Plus I remember reading in the techie bit of the accessory book what the parts were and it included a spolier. Is the Aerokit spoiler like the MCS spoiler? I've never really looked at the spoiler on an MC with an Aerokit, as it's not really been the first thing to catch my eye about them :p . And don't worry guys, there WILL be pics up as soon as I get back from blasting it once I pick it up. I have the whole day booked off, so some serious mileage going on it that day :) It should be built now sitting somewhere in/around the factory waiting for a transporter to take it to Solihull for Friday in time for it's apointment with the Cosmetic Surgeon. Roll on 01/09/04!!!

Cheers again guys,
Martin.

P.S. £40 for 2 stickers, you're 'aving a laugh!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi,

The Aero Kit doesnt normally include a spoiler at least not if its aftermarket, not sure about a new car.

The Aero spoiler is basically bigger, which raises the eternal question...... does size matter ? lol

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah...(sees the light). Still dunno whether its included though. I'll just have to find out when I get it in 22 days! If it isn't I don't think I can afford another £155 plus fitting on top.

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
AidenL said:
My gallery has pics of the Aero Spoiler on my Black Cooper.............;)
Yeah something else you copied off of me ;)

Aero Spoiler fitted prices vary between £400 and £235, assuming removal of the old Chili spoiler. Should be cheaper without the Chili to remove.

As for the Aero kit, I didn't get the front stickers with my kit, didn't want them anyway TBH, partly because you still get the circle around the fog light in the body colour!

Although I have seen a dealer painted Aero kit, and they painted it the same black plastic as the archs. Looked good, but I prefer my body coloured option.

Have to say though, I would like the "John Cooper Works Challenge MINI Cooper S" Front braking colling ducts...but looking at the parts it looks like the aero kit needs to be cut into to fit, and wouldn't work with fogs. It would lok good if they could be modded just for the "look" tho.

·
XYZ
271 Posts
If I could just jump in on this and ask a quick question :D

You mentioned the front stickers - well my bodyworks black anyway so that makes no odds but on the back of the Aero Kit there are 2 stickers in the recess' there that I see on some cars but not others. Some its in the body colour. Well I like the stickers and wondered do they come with thh bumper/kit or are they extra?

Cheers

:bone: Pat :bone:

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
MrMini748 said:
If I could just jump in on this and ask a quick question :D

You mentioned the front stickers - well my bodyworks black anyway so that makes no odds but on the back of the Aero Kit there are 2 stickers in the recess' there that I see on some cars but not others. Some its in the body colour. Well I like the stickers and wondered do they come with thh bumper/kit or are they extra?

Cheers

:bone: Pat :bone:
If you get the factory/pre painted then you get the stickers to go over bodycoloured.

If you get dealer painted then some paint them the black plastic paint (like the arch's).

I got the pre-painted aero kit cos its the cheapest option, and sprayed the stickers with a matt black platicote, it now looks like the Red/White Cooper out of the latest Accessories Brochure.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
6 Participants
Damo
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing