MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
I've got the mag at home. I like the bodykit, but I'm not too keen on the back end, looks a little too saggy in my opinion.

Rev's were up to their usual 'journalistic licensing' which makes the car more than it is (e.g, aftermarket exhaust???) but otherwise got a pretty good write up.

From my memory the kit is made my autofashions (www.autofashions.co.uk), but don't quote me on that.

Dom

·
Registered
30 Posts
Website is www.autofashion.co.uk
Rear bumper has been redesigned slightly as it was a little too low. 4" tailpipe was removed the day before Revs came, as it was a prototype and was both too loud, and as with most straight through silencers on the MINI made LESS power than standard.
The article is also on our website but it does take some time to download.

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
so how low is it now... would it be alright if I lowered my car by 30mm?

Cheers,

Dom

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have taken about 1.5 inches away from the rear bumper, and made some changes to the shape of it - the rear bumper does not catch even with the stereo in the car - which lowered the back by around another 3/4".

30mm lowering the car does not seem to give any real problems on the cars we have done - on the standard car even very steep slopes such as those in multi storey car parks don't give a problem.

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
are there any pics of this redesign? I haven't found any on the website...

Also, how much is the cost and does it use the original mounting points?

so many questions... ;)

Cheers,

Dom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts