MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I just recently purchased a 02 MCS and love it. I just have one question thats been bothering me and was wondering if anyone knew a solution or if it was only my car or what, When i take off in first it bogs down ALOT and when on hills, not that i dont know how to drive stick or anything, it bogs so bad its like without burning the clutch its hard to take off, i didnt know if anyone knew of anything that could be done or if even just my car. Appreciate the help!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I feel you have to be more aggressive with the throttle while taking off from a stop to prevent the bogging. For years, I've been driving big V8 Chevys with lots of torque. It was a long time ago that I drove the small 4 bangers. With the Mini, you have to finess the throttle and clutch to get a strong start without spinning the tires like a teenager. You have to remember that while the MCS had 160-170 hp, it only has about 145 lbs torque.

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
Enjoi Motoring said:
Hey everyone,

I just recently purchased a 02 MCS and love it. I just have one question thats been bothering me and was wondering if anyone knew a solution or if it was only my car or what, When i take off in first it bogs down ALOT and when on hills, not that i dont know how to drive stick or anything, it bogs so bad its like without burning the clutch its hard to take off, i didnt know if anyone knew of anything that could be done or if even just my car. Appreciate the help!
Welcome to MINI2 :)

You need to find out if your MINI has the ECU update for fixing the "stumble":

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45665

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the help guys, i really appreciate it, Makes me feel better knowing that i love my car and any help i need you guys are cool helping with! Makes me feel more comfortable about owning something this nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.