MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all :D

I figure this has probably covered in another topic, but I'll be b*****ed if I can find it any where :p

I am looking for some advice on the best way of removing the bonnet and boot badges from my 08 Cooper, as the car is going into the graphic shop to have some 2 tone 'shelby cobra' stripes fitted :cool: The car is mellow yellow with a black roof, and I'm going for the black stripes front & back with yellow across the roof........sorry I digress. The graphics shop are happy to remove any glue residue etc but they asked me to remove the badges themselves, so any advice as to the best way without potentially scratching my nice new cooper :p would be well appreciated.

Cheers,

Brian

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dental floss in a very carefully sawing motion under the badges with more effort away form the paint. Then a little goo gone will remove the residue
Hi Twister,

Thanks for that.

I was just wondering as well (full of questions me) :aargh:
Whether the badges are just stuck on or are there locator pins?
Does anyone know if the dealers do a sticky for the badges as I don't really want to just use bodgy 3M sticky pads :p

Cheers

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
Hi there,

On the first gen MINIs, the bonnet badge definitely had two locator pins, but I'm not sure on the new model - I haven't checked that specific detail!

Jon

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Hi there,

On the first gen MINIs, the bonnet badge definitely had two locator pins, but I'm not sure on the new model - I haven't checked that specific detail!

Jon
Weren't they just on the front and not on the back? Think Scooby did his didn't he?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Weren't they just on the front and not on the back? Think Scooby did his didn't he?
I just dropped my Cooper off at the graphics shop to have the 'shelby' stripes applied, and after attacking the car with dental floss yesterday (I didn't get to many odd looks honestly I didn't:D) I can confirm that both the bonnet & boot badges on the R56 have locator pins.

Thanks for the advice about the dental floss :cool:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Badges

Hi

Thinking of doing the rear badge myself, so this discussion is useful.

So when you took the rear off where there holes in the body for the pins?

I have looked at the badge carefully from the top and it just looks like tape?

All the BM's I have had in the past always had stuck on badges so came off ok without leaving any marks

Did you get any marks?

Thanks

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
I literally pulled mine off. Both the front and rear winged logo badges have locator pins

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes the badges front and back have locator pins with holes in the body, and whilst I was at it I also noticed that the locator pins are in different places on both the front and rear badges :rolleyes:

Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guyz i bought a stripes too for my mini 2003 and wanted to install it tomarrow hopefully , but just wanted to know the badge at the rare needs to pull out? i did open the bonet today and saw a pin underneath but hope so pulling dont racked the paint job or anything too sacred to pull the badge , what is the best way to pull the badge and how does dental floss work common share your experiance need help please cheers shuj

1 - 10 of 10 Posts