MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· what was the speed limit?
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wondering if any of you have changed their bonnet scoop to the carbon fibre looking one that sits up a bit more and catches more air?...Im thinking of ordering one..can anyone post a photo and tell me how hard it was to install...THANKS

· Un-Banned
2,142 Posts
new skool said:
Hey guys just wondering if any of you have changed their bonnet scoop to the carbon fibre looking one that sits up a bit more and catches more air?...Im thinking of ordering one..can anyone post a photo and tell me how hard it was to install...THANKS
Been there, do you mean the BBR one??
1. not real CF
2. dont do anything, that i've noticed
3. Without a CF OEM scoop, looks stupid
4. Save your money

:rolleyes:

· Registered
542 Posts
I have recently fitted the BBR venturi; I like the looks (check out my gallery) and it does seem to make a small difference to performance in my opinion.

Takes about 5 minutes to install.

· Un-Banned
2,142 Posts
speedynz said:
I hear it messes up airflow and sends the windscreen wipers doo-lally.

Ugly too. :D
You heard wrong. Airflow on a Mini is about the same as a brick. A little scoop is'nt going to do anything otherwise it would pop off. Ive had mine on for about 12 months and gone aorund the 200kph mark in it with absolutely no probs or sounds/vibrations.
As to whether it does anything, Im yet to see, and in the right application, does look VERY good.
Its not for everyone, but then again neither is my 19%pulley or CF splitters or pretty much everything else in my Mini, but thats my choice....
And it does'nt bugger the wipers either, thats just BS

· Registered
542 Posts
Causes no issues on my wipers (they get a lot of use in the UK !) :)

I can see that not everyone would like the scoop but it makes my Cooper S look a little different to everyone else’s and I think it makes the front end look a little more aggressive …

At the end of the day it comes down to personnel preference; what every floats you boat !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.