MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gimme Mini !
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Some J*&JHS&^*!! little moron sctrached his name in to a friend's nice blue Cooper a couple of days back.

Any suggestions/tips on how to get rid of them? They are deep enough to have removed the paint but it hasn't dented/scratched in to the metal work. Is it a BMW jobby?

Many thanks.

PS [email protected] out there..have no idea how hard it is for some people to get a lovely car like this Mini of hers. If i'd seen the person doing it...oh boy.....

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
BigTed said:
Hi all

Some J*&JHS&^*!! little moron sctrached his name in to a friend's nice blue Cooper a couple of days back.

Any suggestions/tips on how to get rid of them? They are deep enough to have removed the paint but it hasn't dented/scratched in to the metal work. Is it a BMW jobby?

Many thanks.

PS [email protected] out there..have no idea how hard it is for some people to get a lovely car like this Mini of hers. If i'd seen the person doing it...oh boy.....

its a BMW spray job

·
Registered
16 Posts
It'll be pretty expensive I'd have thought, an Insurance jobby even.

BMW will no doubt be pleased to give you a quote.

My rear quarter had to be resprayed, some sod scratched it on the forecourt just prior to me collecting it. So BMW arranged for it to be sprayed, they did a first class job (Wilmslow Body Shop, in Cheshire). They had it 3 days, so you can imagine the labour costs alone!

They'll have to do the whole bonnet as well, they won't just do the damaged bit.

They also 'buffed' the rest of the car at the same time, came back like a new un :D

Good luck with it anyway.

·
Registered
641 Posts
BigTed said:
Any idea how much it will cost (if anything - she has the mini care package etc)?
As a guide to cost, my last car (A Rover) had the bonnet damaged at work by some builders who got cement on the bonnet :mad: , the lime in the cement ate into the paintwork so this was a bonet re-spray job to fix. Good news was that the builders paid up for the repair! ;)

Got 3 estimates from reputable body shops which ranged from about £350 - £500. One point to note is that as the car was metalic two out of the three estimates included blending in of the top of the front wings as well as a complete bonnet respray. Not sure if there would be any blending in required on a MINI as the bonnet effectivly includes the wings, may need some blending in of the front bumper and panels in front of the doors though?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
get a few quotes and take it from there - when I went to get a quote for a ickle spray job on my old dears X5 some jobs worth wanted £25 for giving me a quote??? lol someone was jelous i was half his age rocking a 35k (paid for) X5

·
Registered
254 Posts
ESKIMO DANCE said:
get a few quotes and take it from there - when I went to get a quote for a ickle spray job on my old dears X5 some jobs worth wanted £25 for giving me a quote??? lol someone was jelous i was half his age rocking a 35k (paid for) X5[/QUOTE

Hey ESKIMO

If you dont mind me asking, what do you do for a living??]

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Shockwave_Factory said:
ESKIMO DANCE said:
get a few quotes and take it from there - when I went to get a quote for a ickle spray job on my old dears X5 some jobs worth wanted £25 for giving me a quote??? lol someone was jelous i was half his age rocking a 35k (paid for) X5[/QUOTE

Hey ESKIMO

If you dont mind me asking, what do you do for a living??]
Club Promoter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
ESKIMO
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing