MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if you can order the stripes, but not have them applied. I kinda want to try it with out first, but since I am paying for them anyway I should still get them. Right?

·
Registered
783 Posts
The brochure says "hood stripes (if you want them)", which would lead one to believe they will be dealer-applied, and you could probably get them un-applied, if you want. If/when I get the stripes, I'd like to get an extra set, for application later if the originals fade, chip, etc. I don't have a lot of confidence in stick-on stuff.

·
Registered
2 Posts
roof decals

Anybody heard if the three shown in the booklet (Checkerboard, Union Jack, Old Glory) will definaltely be available and what the price will be?

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
RickB said:
The brochure says "hood stripes (if you want them)", which would lead one to believe they will be dealer-applied, and you could probably get them un-applied, if you want. If/when I get the stripes, I'd like to get an extra set, for application later if the originals fade, chip, etc. I don't have a lot of confidence in stick-on stuff.
I hope they are NOT dealer applied. I would rather have them put on at the factory. Hopefully the fact that most of the show cars have them, this will ring true.

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
I think it's better that you get a professional pinstiper to apply your own stripes in style and position to suit your car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts