MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the bonnet stripes are included in the Sport Package on the S Cabrio I have decided to get them. If I decide I don't like them, am I correct that they can simply be removed by carefully peeling them off? I have decided to switch my order from Cool blue to Chili Red with black top, black leather seats and red interior trim. This is the combo that my better half wanted as her first choice. Dealer in San Antonio was fantastic as they had over 15 cars in stock with various color combinations. Liquid yellow/black was a close second. I drove their yellow S Cabrio demonstrator and it was awesome. I cannot believe the difference in the 05 models. MINI has done a good job recalibrating the engine and modifying the gear ratios. Now I have to start the wait. Production is scheduled for first week in November so with any luck will I have my car around Thanksgiving?

·
I can't spell
2,856 Posts
rmorin said:
Since the bonnet stripes are included in the Sport Package on the S Cabrio I have decided to get them. If I decide I don't like them, am I correct that they can simply be removed by carefully peeling them off? I have decided to switch my order from Cool blue to Chili Red with black top, black leather seats and red interior trim. This is the combo that my better half wanted as her first choice. Dealer in San Antonio was fantastic as they had over 15 cars in stock with various color combinations. Liquid yellow/black was a close second. I drove their yellow S Cabrio demonstrator and it was awesome. I cannot believe the difference in the 05 models. MINI has done a good job recalibrating the engine and modifying the gear ratios. Now I have to start the wait. Production is scheduled for first week in November so with any luck will I have my car around Thanksgiving?
My car started production about the second week in September and I will be taking delivery sometime this upcoming week. More then likely you won't have it for Thanksgiving. Sorry for bursting your bubble.

·
Registered
514 Posts
We stopped at Mini of Towson today to do some advance paperwork. We were lucky that they had a cool blue w/ dark blue leather and chrome exterior package so we could confirm that it is our first choice. Definitely going black top however. After driving the S, I second rmorin's comments about how good the car felt on the road. All around, the car seemed much more solid than my 02 MC.

Another pleasant surprise was how much more fun the MCSC was than cars costing more than 2X the Mini. We went to the dealer by way of the "Lexus Taste of Luxury" where we got to drive the Lexus SC430 and the Jag XK8 convertibles. Both nice cars but not worth 65 - 75 K! In fact, the open air feeling and room in the Mini cabin beat both premium cars hands down -- we could actually get our entire family of 4 in the Mini.

Our daughter is lobbying hard for the Orange/Blue combo, but I think we're sticking to Cool blue, dark blue leather and black top. My one change from my current spec is moving to the full performance package and getting 17" Bullits and black bonnet stripes. The ride on the 17's was much more comfortable than I had expected. :)

From what I know of the stripes, they should be easily removed if you decide you don't like them.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Production Week??

As I recall Benn, my MA, said it shows as a 4511 production week. Does this mean the 45th week in the month of November? At any rate, I am being told early December delivery. Getting pretty stoked after having seen several Cabrios here in San Antonio and getting a chance to drive one. I was really tempted to go with Yellow as the demo I drove was yellow, black top and black stripes with yellow accents in the interior. It looked real sharp but the wife really wants red so that is our final choice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts