MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Tigergreen
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post on the Forum. MCCS ordered with delivery date on 1 January (if they open the showroom). Hyper blue with blue hood set in stone for me, but what about bonnet stripes. Black or white or none at all. Is it too "boy racer". Does anyone have any pictures to assist this mammoth decision? If I go for a set of stripes how easy is it for them to be removed if they look dodgy?

Also deliberating between auto and manual a/c. Is there any great difference and is it worth paying for the upgrade?

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
Welcome to MINI2.:)

The car is BRG,but it will give you some indication what the stripes would look like.:)I dont think there hard to remove tbh.!

Its horses for coarses really climate I find is a tad noisy so I opted for manual aircon and saved over £200 in the process.:)

Attachments

·
The REAL King of Bling
261 Posts
You can get magnetic stripes, so you can put them on on the days you feel like having them on. ;)

·
Tigergreen
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't really fancy the idea of magnetic stripes - destined to get nicked. Was thinking how much damage "proper" stripes would do to the paintwork on the bonnet if removed at a later date.

·
The REAL King of Bling
261 Posts
tigergreen said:
Don't really fancy the idea of magnetic stripes - destined to get nicked. Was thinking how much damage "proper" stripes would do to the paintwork on the bonnet if removed at a later date.
The magnetic stripes are so thin that no one would notice, they would just think they are stick-on stripes. And who in their right mind would try and steal stick-on stripes? :D

·
Registered
243 Posts
I agree, stripes just say "MINI" to me. But I also worry about the effects on the paint underneath over the long term. Magnetic stripes sound intriguing.

By the way dinger, that's the first green on green I've seen and it looks fantastic.

·
Registered
60 Posts
yep strips - although on the HB why not go for the white viper strips? that would look awesome

mra

·