MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now have pics of both of these on a car! These will be available as from end of next week, the bonnet stripes are similar to those created by Bruce, if anyone wants to see pics before I am able to get them on here, e-mail me!

Simon

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
I'm the other way around... prefer the stripes to the roof..

Stripes are £35 +VAT (approx), don't know about the roof, email [email protected] for more info...

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
£35.00 inc Vat for Stripes
£85.00 inc Vat for Roof

Roof comes with full instructions, templates, photo's, and spatula device for fitting. I can also do chequered roofs for about £80 inc Vat. N.B. These are special prices for Mini2.com users!

Simon

·
Registered
19 Posts
Stripes + UJ roof are just the business!

Say after 6mths or so, could these go through a car wash without coming off ?

Can they be removed at a later date without too many worries or definitely permanent ? Obviously the stripes might cause some bonnet colours differences, but would the roof by a-okay ?

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
The bonnet stripes and roofs are just self adhesive vinyl so they will stick on there for ages... probably longer than you will own the car..

They can be removed easily using a hairdryer, just heat them up, then peel them off! The paint shouldn't be a problem, nothing a good polish wouldn't fix...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Cheers monsta :D

My mind is now fully at rest:cool:

Looks like it'll have to be a red+white cooper + chilli (white wheels) + ASC+T + CD + Alarm + bonnet stripes and the UJ roof - just looks soooo cool and cheeky! :D

No it's not classy and it's not big or clever, but only young once so it has to be done!

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
I have to agree with you there... my bonnet stripes are on the way (still deciding on the UJ roof as my girlfriend doesn't like it that much ;) )

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Paul_Mullett said:
Basil, there's a reason for the 'technically incorrect' roof.

I have seen this, and it looks very good in the flesh.

:)
Is the reason so the UJ flag is never viewed upside down (i.e. a distress signal?) :confused:

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Paul_Mullett said:
Basil, there's a reason for the 'technically incorrect' roof.

I have seen this, and it looks very good in the flesh.

Paul,

Don't get me wrong, I think it looks great, and as someone else mentioned, it gets viewed from all angles, so arguably it is technically correct anyway......The correct version is so sutle hardly anyone ever notices .....they are often flown upside down without a sole noticing .....

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Basil said:

Paul,

Don't get me wrong, I think it looks great, and as someone else mentioned, it gets viewed from all angles, so arguably it is technically correct anyway......The correct version is so sutle hardly anyone ever notices .....they are often flown upside down without a sole noticing .....VERY often in Australia, but I guess that stands to reason......
:D........ oops hit the wrong button !!!

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Paul_Mullett said:
The reason, I believe, is you need permission to 'fly the flag' on a commercial basis. Or something.

Ahh....i see. So "technically" it's not a Union Jack at all...pennies dropped.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I'd LOVE the union jack roof but here in Glasgow it would create the wrong impression totally and my car would probably get torched or something! Mind you, green & white is theoretically no safer!

I saw a red/black/black stripes Cooper at my local dealer - looked awesome - until I noticed the bonnest stripes were FULL of bubbles! I remember applying them to my old Cooper and finding it VERY difficult to do...

I think there's a danger that these stickers cheapen the MINI which is, after all, a rather expensive little car. It made more sense on the old mini which was more cheap n cheerful...

All of the above is in my opinion of course!

·
Registered
334 Posts
lightbody said:
I'd LOVE the union jack roof

How do you reckon it would go with BRG???? I can't make up my mind. The pictures I've seen on red and blue cars look awesome.... Still, who needs stick on vinyl - all you needs some masking tape and a can of Dulux;) :D :D

kjs

1 - 20 of 44 Posts